Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3.5 focus tpms issue

Pug=309

Hey, so recently my car had its wheels refurbished at the local Ford dealership and all was well till I noticed 1 tyre was looking a bit flat, it was barely above 20 psi, but the tpms light never came on, pumped it back up and checked the others, got in the car and reset the tpms  pressure in the menu and thought nothing more of it, checked the wheel a few days later and it had dropped 5 psi and still no warning, I'm a little confused as they would normally scream at you if it detected a couple psi drop. 

I tried to reserve the tpms  with the ignition and mashing the hazard button 6 times in 5 seconds but couldn't get it to work,  so after the long story, is there anything I can do short of unbeading a wheel to confirm whether I have sensors or not.

Thanks

Allan

It shouldn't indicate a couple of psi drop. If the tyre pressures were the correct pressure of 2.2 bar( 32psi ? ) And the tpms was reset then( and you can't assume they did that) the trigger point would be around 25.5 psi. 

So did they set the correct pressures and reset? I'm betting they didn't. 

If a sensor has failed/ broke or missing a malfunction would appear on the display. 

I would be more concerned about fixing the air leak in the tyre , take the car back to the dealership and get them to fix it 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, thanks for your reply, I've just bought some new 18's (well new to me) since the tyres were almost at the limit that I'm happy with using them at, I figured I'd just get some better looking wheels to go with the new tyres, plus the wheels a bargain.

Guess ill find out what issues there are once the new rims are on.

Thanks

Allan

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club