Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ford focus bonnet latch

robby12345

Hi everyone, Short One

I have a (2006 -Ford Focus Zetec- Hatch Back -1600 -Petrol- Automatic.)

The Bonnet Latch has gone faulty, i.e. Wont Open

Rather than try the Screwdriver fix approach, I am going to buy one off eBay.

Questions:

1/= Can anyone, Please tell me if its the long Type, or Short Type Bonnet Latch, that fits my Car. ?

2/= These Latches come with Keys, is that Ok.?                     Long One     Bonnet Release Lock Latch Repair Kit & 2 Key Set Fits For Ford Focus MK2 04-12    Short One Bonnet Release Lock Repair Kit Latch and 2 Keys For Ford Focus MK2 04-12 1355231

Mines was the long type in my 1.6 but it's facelift and somebody else on here no facelift had long too. I'm using the long one with key and it's perfect and also handy to open the bonnet whilst the engine is running. The screwdriver trick does work but it mashes the mechanism as it's just plastic. The best way is to put the car up on jack stands. Take off the front under tray, remove the radiator mounting bolts (it doesn't fall it hangs) but don't let it stress it allows you to swing it out of place to access the bolts on the back of the lock mechanism. Remove the bolts and the plug for the alarm (still there if you don't have one) if you don't and then pull the bonnet the wire will get torn out. Then simply lift the bonnet open. Even removing the under tray will allow you to see what type you have better.

• Like 1

Long version here as well on a 2007 Mk2.  Do exactly as described above by Focue and you can't go wrong. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club