Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My mk2 project

lewiieboy

Here's my thread about my 2006/7 mk2 ford focus. 

I have fitted the spring struts for popping the boot open. Although I don't like all the gaps now so I might take them off.

I have bought some RS tail lights which I need to fit. I hope the wires are the same colours then I can just splice into each one easily.

My other bits I want to do.

- facelift it

- dual exit exhaust

- re-spray

- new wheels, spacers and lowered.

- rear electric windows and powerfold mirrors.

I did fit a facelift cluster but it's gone faulty and keeps bringing up engine malfunction. So the original has gone back in.

RS tail lights fitted

20190708_181336.jpg

• Like 1

Facelifting it and re-spraying sounds like a mammoth (and expensive!) task.

I looked into having powerfold mirrors and full electric windows, however sourcing all the modules etc. and hoping that the wiring was already in the car just put me off a bit. If you manage to get it working be sure to give us an update!

• Like 1

I will do, the brake light in the drivers side isn't working! I didn't look at the bulb holder. What bulb is it? I need to go Halfords

1 hour ago, Luke4efc said:

Facelifting it and re-spraying sounds like a mammoth (and expensive!) task.

I looked into having powerfold mirrors and full electric windows, however sourcing all the modules etc. and hoping that the wiring was already in the car just put me off a bit. If you manage to get it working be sure to give us an update!

I'm in no rush for finding parts, I might have a go at re-spraying myself, nardo grey

Here's a slightly better picture

20190708_190506.jpg

5 minutes ago, lewiieboy said:

I'm in no rush for finding parts, I might have a go at re-spraying myself, nardo grey

Yeah I'm planning on doing some touch ups on mine. Just spent a good few hundred on a big compressor and a spray gun lol.

15 minutes ago, Luke4efc said:

Yeah I'm planning on doing some touch ups on mine. Just spent a good few hundred on a big compressor and a spray gun lol.

What did you buy? I have been interested in doing it. The car is worth like £500 so if mine looks shabby oh well. I can always re-spray it and try to get better.

7 minutes ago, lewiieboy said:

What did you buy? I have been interested in doing it. The car is worth like £500 so if mine looks shabby oh well. I can always re-spray it and try to get better.

I ended up buying this Wolf one from eBay when they had 10% off site-wide. I'm quite limited on garage space so had to settle for 100L tank. Ideally you'd want 150L for spraying a whole car. However for little touch ups, bumpers, spoilers etc. 100L should be fine for me. I could've got a belt drive one for similar money, however the tank is 10L smaller and doesn't quite have as good air displacement (0.6CFM lower). Plus another £40-£50 for hoses, high flow fittings etc. Gun was a similar amount (didn't want to spend more on a gun than the compressor lol). Few odds and bobs (sand paper, masking tape, filters, measuring cups) about the same again.

Now to actually buy some paint hahaha

Can be pricey but well worth it imo. More sense of achievement I think. I'm going to spray things as I go along. Technically not a whole car at once. Will have to sort out the dents the missus caused first.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club