Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mr

Icarus

Hi all

A newbie here but with a simple question. 

I hsve just discovered that I have lost my service book after a recent move. Is it possible to get a new one and recreate the entries starting with the original Ford delivery stamp etc. I know some of the recent services but not the older ones.   Thanks 

No, it's not stored on any Ford database.  The only way you could do it is if you've owned it from new and had it serviced at the same dealership every time, that dealership may do it for you.

4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

The only way you could do it is if you've owned it from new and had it serviced at the same dealership every time, that dealership may do it for you.

Mine did that for me with the Mrs's old Ka - which was only fair as it was them who lost the book in the first place!😀 

PS: I see the "Title" trap is still catching folk out when starting a topic - could admin amend it to "Topic Title", "Title of Topic" etc?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thanks. I’ll see what can be done.  Useful point too about “Title”

On 7/18/2019 at 12:26 PM, Icarus said:

Hi all

A newbie here but with a simple question. 

I hsve just discovered that I have lost my service book after a recent move. Is it possible to get a new one and recreate the entries starting with the original Ford delivery stamp etc. I know some of the recent services but not the older ones.   Thanks 

My understanding is if it's a main dealer then the service history is traceable even if you aren't the original purchaser/ owner. They should still have a record, and you should be able to get a replacement book or at the very least get a service print out of any services that were done with them.  Get in touch with the Ford dealer/s that have been servicing it 🙂  Hope you manage to get it sorted. Let us know how you get on!

On 7/18/2019 at 12:42 PM, TomsFocus said:

No, it's not stored on any Ford database.  The only way you could do it is if you've owned it from new and had it serviced at the same dealership every time, that dealership may do it for you.

I know my car has a Digital service Record "DSR" but only starting a few years ago. You may have some luck contacting Ford or asking a dealer.

13 hours ago, Albert27 said:

My understanding is if it's a main dealer then the service history is traceable even if you aren't the original purchaser/ owner. They should still have a record, and you should be able to get a replacement book or at the very least get a service print out of any services that were done with them.  Get in touch with the Ford dealer/s that have been servicing it 🙂  Hope you manage to get it sorted. Let us know how you get on!

They don't...  And in fact Ford UK customer services were extremely unhelpful and rude when I tried to find the service history for the Mk3 (just 6 years old when I bought it).  Just kept telling me that they don't keep national records and to stop wasting their time! 😮 

The car had full Ford history but due to a mileage error made by a tech on an MOT & service the old book was destroyed and a new one created with only the very latest services in it.  The older services would only have been stored on that particular dealers system but I had no way of finding out which dealer that was.  I tried contacting the dealer that was written on the numberplates but they wouldn't even confirm the services that they'd stamped let alone any previous ones!

6 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

They don't...  And in fact Ford UK customer services were extremely unhelpful and rude when I tried to find the service history for the Mk3 (just 6 years old when I bought it).  Just kept telling me that they don't keep national records and to stop wasting their time! 😮 

The car had full Ford history but due to a mileage error made by a tech on an MOT & service the old book was destroyed and a new one created with only the very latest services in it.  The older services would only have been stored on that particular dealers system but I had no way of finding out which dealer that was.  I tried contacting the dealer that was written on the numberplates but they wouldn't even confirm the services that they'd stamped let alone any previous ones!

Isn't it amazing that Ford think it's OK to treat customers like that.  I just can't understand bad customer service, it's so counter productive!

Lets hope for the OP's sake that their dealer is more helpful. .  . .

• Like 2

Dsr has been about for a number of years and all service history at ford dealers should be logged on a central database any ford dealer can access and independents can to if they pay for access via ford etis. Can't remember when exactly dsr started, I recon it was about 2013/14. It is relient on the service depts entering the  details as far as I'm aware. I don't have permissions access to that part of etis. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Albert27 said:

Isn't it amazing that Ford think it's OK to treat customers like that.  I just can't understand bad customer service, it's so counter productive!

Lets hope for the OP's sake that their dealer is more helpful. .  . .

Well, Ford sell and service thousands of cars a year, I doubt they'll miss the odd customer lol.  I've also had poor experiences with the parts and service side as well.  But it's not just Ford either, I seem to attract poor customer service wherever I go! :laugh: 

Even if the OPs dealer does use the DSR system, it won't go all the way back to his PDI stamp in 2009. :sad:

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club