Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Preferred make of brake parts

mjt

10 hours ago, madmole said:

They ain't genuine Brembo's then. Brembo's are almost dustless. Squeal is cos you didn't copper grease em properly

The ECP Brembo's are shocking.  The squeal is between the disc & pad, you can grease them as much as you like, makes no difference.  They also produce loads of dust as above.

I have a feeling the Brembo pads for cheap cars are made of a completely different compound than those for the premium cars which have Brembo calipers as standard.  Although even with those, I remember squealing being a common issue.  I've had 3 sets of them on different cars (Focus, Fiesta, A3) and had nothing but problems.  I have fitted them to other peoples car (they've supplied them) and had complaints there as well.  Would not choose them myself!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, madmole said:

They ain't genuine Brembo's then. Brembo's are almost dustless. Squeal is cos you didn't copper grease em properly

eurocar parts sell fakes ?

Hello sorry to jump in seeing this brake pad thread. 

I have focus and and hearing noise when stop or reverse backwards and tap footbrake. 

Garage's saying brake rattle.

Have you guys ever had this?

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

The ECP Brembo's are shocking.  The squeal is between the disc & pad, you can grease them as much as you like, makes no difference.  They also produce loads of dust as above.

I have a feeling the Brembo pads for cheap cars are made of a completely different compound than those for the premium cars which have Brembo calipers as standard.  Although even with those, I remember squealing being a common issue.  I've had 3 sets of them on different cars (Focus, Fiesta, A3) and had nothing but problems.  I have fitted them to other peoples car (they've supplied them) and had complaints there as well.  Would not choose them myself!

I have heard, from people on another car make forum, that the Brembo stuff you get from ECP and CP4L are different from the "usual" Brembo stuff.  I would not buy Brembo from them, as your experience shows.

Agree on Brembo's pads. Fitted Brembo coated discs and pads to all 4 wheels. Discs are fine but pads squeal and are dusty. Maybe Delphi next time, seem to be good on my father's Passat.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Sorry for bringing up an old thread but was looking for something and came across this thread.

I had my Pagid front discs fitted on my ST about a year ago but I have only done about 800 miles since then. I always noticed when the car was jacked up you couldn't spin the wheels, they would only go like a corner turn(front wheels).

I checked the run out recently and it was 0.08mm and the max according to etis is supposed to be 0.05mm. The disc seems to be catching the pads as I turn them meaning its harder to manually turn the discs at some points as it passed by the pads.

Is 0.03mm really going to make that much difference? Or should I be looking at new discs? And if so I really don't want to throw more money at the car are blue print discs any good?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club