Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Has It Really Been Three Years

DavesEdge

Hi All

My Edge went in for its first Mot yesterday. Officially not due until 14 August.

But thought I would put it in early, so if any issues were to arise from mot, could get them on last bit of remaining warranty.

Car passed with no problems. Test centre mentioned to me about brake pads being a wee bit low, though was not noted on ticket (but would be on next one).

Of which I was expecting a comment about, as other posts have mentioned brake pads wearing down quickly.

Only recurring problem I have is with my TPMS system, giving failure messages approx once a month when looking at history.

I have been told that as this was reported during warranty that warranty would still cover this after it's expired, until it is rectified.

Popped in to see my salesman and asked him about Edge sales. He confirmed that sales ceasing about nowish, though he had not heard about any replacements for the Edge.

I still do not see many Edges around, though he still says they have sold quite a few.

With the end of Edge sales would the value of them go up through rarity of models, as in the car market not flooded with them?

Will post more in couple of weeks after warranty expired, when I get around to tweaking up through Forscan, as I said in another topic.

Happy motoring

Dave

Pleased you've had no serious issues, and very wise of you to 'get it in early '..

1 hour ago, DavesEdge said:

With the end of Edge sales would the value of them go up through rarity of models, as in the car market not flooded with them?

I hope so, mine's up for sale at the moment!

Drove to Croatia and back over 9 days. Literally seen 2 Edges, 1 new model at the channel tunnel and 1 older model in Germany and that was it, over 3100 miles.

Seem to be seeing quite a few in my local area now though. Got my first MOT coming up next month.

I'm hoping so too - I have invested in a Vignale with all the toys which should be a rare car now and in the future

Has anyone any idea of sales by model fro the Edge?

@DavesEdge just a thought. Had you replaced your light bulbs with LEDs as per other threads here ?  Just curious as to whether they would pass the MOT. Mine isn’t due it’s MOT til the end of January next year. 

16 hours ago, Edge of Reason said:

@DavesEdge just a thought. Had you replaced your light bulbs with LEDs as per other threads here ?  Just curious as to whether they would pass the MOT. Mine isn’t due it’s MOT til the end of January next year. 

Hi All

Edge of Reason - I must admit I'd forgotton all about this when getting ticket.

I did convert all my front lights (and mirror puddle lights) to Led, back in February this year.

Happy motoring

Dave

Good news. This was one thing I wasn’t sure about with these after-market bulbs, but the assumption is that your beam patterns have not been adversely affected. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club