Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Instrument cluster for my 05 focus

Lonue

Hi all! Just wonder if I can switch my cluster from another focus and wanted to know if the mileage is stored on the ecu or cluster itself. Also any idea how much a ford garage would charge to sync to my car. Many thanks 

mileage is in the cluster. i believe from reading these forums over the years that you can alter the mileage yourself using certain software (eg. software on a laptop connected to the OBD port with a ELM327 code reader) but you can only alter the mileage upwards not down so you would want a new cluster with lower mileage than yours if you are concerned about getting the mileage right.

I think (but not certain) that you might also have to reprogram your keys to disarm the immobiliser when you change the cluster.

What is wrong with your cluster? is it the problem with the soldering on the circuit board ?

Yes I think so, my dash lights up like a Christmas tree! And that’s when I can get it to start!

Common problem. Often can be fixed by resoldering the 32 pins on the connector on back of cluster. Very easy to remove cluster. Youtube videos show how to dismantle an resolder pins. If you can’t solder. This is quite intricate, do you have a tv repair shop local? He could do that soldering in 5 mins if you have him the circuit board after dismantling. If you buy 2nd hand cluster it might also have that problem.

Is there such a thing as a tv repair shop nowadays? 

I know what you mean. Our old one is a trendy bistro now. Perhaps I should have said mobile phone repairs

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club