Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Suspension

Zee_3

Hello,

I'm looking to get my car lowered, please note that I don't have any other performance upgrades.

This is also on my daily. I have alloys that stand out slightly with the OEM springs so if I were to lower the car slightly, the arches will then sit more flush with the wheels, and look much better.

That said, based on the fact that this is my daily, I'm not looking to ever take to the track etc, which would work better? Lowering springs with upgraded/factory shocks or coilovers? Just trying to do some proper research before jumping into anything. 

Thank you! 

The wheels won't sit any further back with a lowered car, unless I've misunderstood you there?

For a small drop on a daily road car I'd always recommend springs.  Eibach pro are my preference but there are others available, you can also keep the standard shocks with them to reduce costs.

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

The wheels won't sit any further back with a lowered car, unless I've misunderstood you there?

For a small drop on a daily road car I'd always recommend springs.  Eibach pro are my preference but there are others available, you can also keep the standard shocks with them to reduce costs.

Hey, I didnt meant the wheels with sit further back, I just meant with it being lowered, the rolled arches will sit flush with the wheels.

I was looking into Eiback pros yes. Won't the standard shocks wear off quicker though with lowered springs? 

1 hour ago, Zee_3 said:

Hey, I didnt meant the wheels with sit further back, I just meant with it being lowered, the rolled arches will sit flush with the wheels.

I was looking into Eiback pros yes. Won't the standard shocks wear off quicker though with lowered springs? 

Standard shocks should be fine up to 40mm drop.  Anything lower than that and they're likely to wear more quickly.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Standard shocks should be fine up to 40mm drop.  Anything lower than that and they're likely to wear more quickly.

Thank you for this info. Super helpful 😊

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club