Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Powershift: affects grand c max?

jmkgreen

I’ve been told by blokes in the office to stay well clear of Ford automatics called Powershift. I’m wondering if they are referring to problems resolved.

Looking for a big family car (twins arriving later this year) and I’ve spotted a 2016 Grand C Max but it has Powershift.

How do I know if it may be affected? I suppose same question must apply to the s max although it’s very expensive.

Thanks!

Just bought an Edge with powershift and had no problems - when I was researching it I was told the exact opposite to you - ie only get the Powershift box

I can only suggest you get reading as many reviews as possible and check out the owner reviews on here before you make your mind up one way or the other

Good Luck 

As long as the boxes have had the correct maintenance then they should be ok, for some strange reason it s not included in the service schedules and is an extra cost so a lot can and do get the maintenance skipped.

I bought Powershift C Max 8months ago , not had any problems and love the car. It also has manual gear options which I never use because I wanted Auto.

Unfortunately you will all ways get some problems with any mechanical parts, but it  seems the bad info always escalates . So don't be put off too much by bad reviews .

hi thank you for your comments didnt find what the problem was she still runs great so dont take any notice of it now

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club