Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 Focus ST2 1st gear issue

efiste2

We have had our ST2 for just over three years now (second owner) its just turned onto 44000 miles, and its great it gets oil/filter serviced every 6k with the Ford(Castrol) stuff and generally pampered, but it also gets driven as it should do, its got the Collins CP2 map (with no other mods) and it pulls like a train and sounds brilliant with a deres centre pipe.....

The only problem I have with it is the  1st gear issue, it sometimes simply wont go into 1st gear and takes a few attempts to select. Its always been like this and some days its worse than others,  second can also be "Notchy"......I have lived with it uptil now but installing a Pumaspeed quickshifter seems to have amplified the issue, and its got "under my skin" for want of a btter description and I need to sort it (one way or the expensive way). In my limited knowledge I reckon its the synchro rings in the box that is causing the issue, but could there be another solution, such as gear selector cable adjustment (if there is any)  Taking the quickshifter off may ease the issue I know, but before going down the financially painfull gearbox fix/new clutch method, I wondered if you expert chaps had any tricks up your sleeves, that may improve the problem,  I did read of a shifter adjustment that involved selecting neutral, disconnecting the cable then doing something but Have forgotten where I read it and if it was only for the RS

• 1 month later...

On the RS you select neutral, undo the clip on the cable, shift to 4th, ensure the selector mechanism is mid-way (Neutral), push clip home.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club