Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Adjust seat back height relative to base

Ste Cooper

Bit of an odd one here.

Got a 2010 Focus and its seats are terribly uncomfortable.

I think i may be too tall for it, which is surprising as i don't think im taller than your average Joe.

Issue is the seat back seems to curve inwards, i assume your shoulders are meant to be within the curve so that it supports the base of your neck.

However due to my height my shoulders sit above this curve and so my back seems to bend into the chair at an odd angle. My wife who is shorter than me her shoulders seem to fit nicely within this curve and she finds it quite comfortable.

I know i can tilt the angle of the chair, the rake of the back and its distance from peddles like in normal cars.

However is it possible to adjust the height of the base of the seat in relation to its back?

Theory being if i can i can lower myself into the seat, without slouching, my shoulders will fit it better and prevent the curve in my back.

A common  problem on a lot of cars for me the top of the seat is to narrow.

At least I'm not alone! I remember on my Fiesta it had a lever which lowered the bottom half of the seat. On the Focus it controls tilt.

Half tempted to pick up different set of seats. Seems to be plenty of Recaro seats from the ST available. Would have to dye them however as their rather loud colour scheme wouldn't suit it.

Assuming they don't have a similar issue.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club