Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Remove Remap

sioneon

Depends on the software used to map the car. Superchips/Bluefin stores the stock map. Others, you need to flash the ECU with the stock map. I don’t know for sure but I think the safest and probably one of the few ways is for a dealer to do it.

Car I've been looking at seems to have the outline of a mountune badge and test driving it it was quite savage under full throttle. Was definitely more powerful than a regular ST if a little ragged in delivery.

Any had a dealer restore the stock tune?

Keep an eye on the thread mate over the next few days. Im about to get a dealer to remove Mountune and put it back to stock.

4 hours ago, Baild said:

Keep an eye on the thread mate over the next few days. Im about to get a dealer to remove Mountune and put it back to stock.

Cheers chief, I'm not getting mine til the end of the month but first port of call will be finding out the ECU state.

Just had a quick thought, would an obd reader be able to provide this info?

Quick update for you, i'm still waiting for mine to be done (due this Friday), but been speaking to the dealer today. Apparently there are two options.. 

Option 1. Nice, quick and straight forward. Your car has an update available that they can install and it will simply overwrite the remap. Guessing you can tell on ETIS whether you are pending an update.

Option 2. All available updates have already been installed, so they have to rebuild the PCM(?) by module. Takes a bit longer and it's more involved but you end up with the same outcome. I suppose the ££ for this depends on how long it takes, luckily i've been able to get the charge waivered.

According to ETIS I'm out of luck. Mountune have confirmed they've not done anything, maybe it's just faster than I was expecting...

I'll get it booked in for a check anyway for peace of mind, thanks for the info @Baild 🙂

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club