Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Judder at 70 mph

Tony673

I have just bought an 07 Mondeo and taking it out I noticed a judder at speed. Took it to get the wheels balanced but the judder is still there at 65-70 mph but not as bad. I don't think it is engine related as I've gone through the revs in different gears. Do I need to balance the rear wheels?

I have just bought an 07 Mondeo and taking it out I noticed a judder at speed. Took it to get the wheels balanced but the judder is still there at 65-70 mph but not as bad. I don't think it is engine related as I've gone through the revs in different gears. Do I need to balance the rear wheels?
Can the judder be felt through the steering or are you saying the whole car judders ?? If steering it could be tracking, faulty tyres, warped brake discs or any combination of the above. Also possible is a drive shaft depending on mileage..

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hi,

The judder is felt through the steering and still feels like a tracking problem, but as said I've just had that done.

It's in for a service on Wednesday so I'll ask the mechanic to check it out.

Hi all,

Just as a followup to this problem. After wheel balancing the problem persisted so the car went in for a service and I told the mechanic to give it a once over. His diagnosis was a lump on one of the back tyres. So replaced the back tyres and problem gone.

Hope this can be of help to others.

• Like 2

Hi all,
Just as a followup to this problem. After wheel balancing the problem persisted so the car went in for a service and I told the mechanic to give it a once over. His diagnosis was a lump on one of the back tyres. So replaced the back tyres and problem gone.
Hope this can be of help to others.
Yep, that was the same for me. Glad you're sorted

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

It's amazing how many issues bad tyres can create,
Couple of years ago my 8 year old Focus developed a whine at motorway speeds,
I'd convinced myself the bearings were bad, that turned out to be unevenly worn tyres.

Then when I got my new car I could tell straight away the rear tyres were uneven,
I could hear a bit of a whine and feel a slight pulsating rumble from the rear once I got over 30mph.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club