Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK8 Bluefin

DG97

Hi, has anyone remapped their MK8 with the Bluefin map? If so, what are your thoughts? 

I did my 100PS because I thought it needed a little more oomph.

I like it, the only thing I’ve noticed that isn’t perfect is there’s slight surging or pulsing of power under heavy acceleration above 3.5k-ish. No passengers have noticed it so must be minimal though.

Didn’t notice any change in mpg, only the extra power. Only 1700 miles and average 40mpg with 90% town driving so I’d say it’s been a good addition to the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had bluefin on my 140ps st line x since Christmas last year.

would highly recommend it,no negatives that I have come across. Fuel consumption is about the same as before but the car is a lot more responsive to my right foot.

Had car in Ford yesterday for 1st service, removed map night before and reinstalled after with no problems, apart from the £250 bill (ouch)

Superchips are a great company to deal with, had bluefin on my last car had a problem and was easily resolved with an e-mail

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/6/2019 at 8:16 PM, Rick65 said:

Had bluefin on my 140ps st line x since Christmas last year.

would highly recommend it,no negatives that I have come across. Fuel consumption is about the same as before but the car is a lot more responsive to my right foot.

Had car in Ford yesterday for 1st service, removed map night before and reinstalled after with no problems, apart from the £250 bill (ouch)

Superchips are a great company to deal with, had bluefin on my last car had a problem and was easily resolved with an e-mail

Did they find anything in the service? Did they say anything after you picked it up? 

For returning the car to stock how do I do that? Is the software saved to your pc or their servers.

Removed the map before service, nothing mentioned by Ford when I picked the car up.

The original map is stored on the handset once you have installed the bluefin map.so just a case of plugging into obd port and swapping it back,easy to follow instructions on the bluefin display. It’s that easy just plug and play.

• Like 1

there is one I know with a ford focus 1.0 ecoboost 125ps bluefin remapped, the only drawback he mentioned to me is that after the remap he used to replace the O2 sensor every 3 or 4 months !! I don't know what that got to do with the remap, but he told me that this was not the case before the remap, this only happened after the remap !!

there is one I know with a ford focus 1.0 ecoboost 125ps bluefin remapped, the only drawback he mentioned to me is that after the remap he used to replace the O2 sensor every 3 or 4 months !! I don't know what that got to do with the remap, but he told me that this was not the case before the remap, this only happened after the remap !!

Interesting. I’m at 3000 miles and 4 months and not had any issues so far. Could just need more time though. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

Had Bluefin on mine nearly a year now, 7500 miles not missed a beat.

Third car that I've used Bluefin on and never had a problem. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Rick65 said:

Had Bluefin on mine nearly a year now, 7500 miles not missed a beat.

Third car that I've used Bluefin on and never had a problem. 

may be the one I'm talking about has had other issues that aroused coincidently after the remap, actually I don't know the relation between the remap and the O2 sensor failing !! may be he is using lower octane fuel ? here in Egypt we have RON 92 and RON 95, but I think specially after the remap he must use minimum 95 ,he may be using the lower octane one ? I don't know 😄 after all it may be just a matter of coincidence 🙂 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club