Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync3 update to version 3.4

Tezza

7 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Press the screen button on the audio control bar under the screen.
It cycles from normal view to calm screen and then screen off.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

So it does - thank you! Rarely used the screen off function on my Fiesta so would of taken me ages to find this!

AD3FCE18-62DD-43D1-B424-3D1CBA66CC84.thumb.jpeg.45ad6d62deb6db4b60bd02daee954ddf.jpeg

• Like 2

So it does - thank you! Rarely used the screen off function on my Fiesta so would of taken me ages to find this!

AD3FCE18-62DD-43D1-B424-3D1CBA66CC84.thumb.jpeg.45ad6d62deb6db4b60bd02daee954ddf.jpeg
Glad to help

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

This might be relevant to this thread......3.4 has local hazard feature. It’s made possible by the lidar cameras. But with Ford stalling the release of sync 3.4 to us , maybe our cars hardware (even tho it’s recent and is lidar tech) isn’t compatible...

HERE can make driving safer for Ford customers | HERE.pdf

6 hours ago, Alex.S said:

This might be relevant to this thread......3.4 has local hazard feature. It’s made possible by the lidar cameras. But with Ford stalling the release of sync 3.4 to us , maybe our cars hardware (even tho it’s recent and is lidar tech) isn’t compatible...

HERE can make driving safer for Ford customers | HERE.pdf 205.94 kB · 3 downloads

Christ, I work in software development (Lead Tester).  It's not rocket science for Ford to have 2 codes paths i.e. the software checks what hardware is available and then just display the features supported by the hardware.  Their software dev team must be :shit:!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Focus mk3.5 January 2018 currently running on Sync 3.0 and maps F6.1 😥

I downloaded all of the files for Sync 3.4 (20136) from Cyanlabs yesterday and I'm going to give it a whirl later today. If all goes to plan, I think I'll update the APIM firmware at a later date, just need to get a decent OBD cable and the Forscan Beta software.

Love the work that everyone has done here and, have 3.4 running on my 19 MK4 ST. 
Has there been any work to look at personalising the ‘wall paper’ within 3.4? I’ve played with ForScan and can see some presets are available but, can’t seem to locate the files & structure to be able to insert a wallpaper. Anyone any ideas or, am I’m just pushing my luck?

5 hours ago, Super Simon said:

I have a Focus mk3.5 January 2018 currently running on Sync 3.0 and maps F6.1 😥

I downloaded all of the files for Sync 3.4 (20136) from Cyanlabs yesterday and I'm going to give it a whirl later today. If all goes to plan, I think I'll update the APIM firmware at a later date, just need to get a decent OBD cable and the Forscan Beta software.

Just completed it all, took 53 minutes with no issues. I was getting a couple of errors to begin with about it needing an update which others have also reported but completing the recommended master reset in the settings solved that. Sync 3.4 looks fantastic! Now also running maps F9.

I might give the APIM firmware a go next if I pluck up the courage. I have an OBD2 cable (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B074JF6YNG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) but I'm led to believe you need something a bit more resilient. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Anyone got the 3.4 updates from the Ford website yet?

ford still stalling.......

Of course not , you didn't seriously think you would get an update did you?

As my car is still under warranty I'm a little nervous about using the Cyanlabs update, if it all goes ***** up will I be able to put it back to sync 3.3

I think most of us with cars under warranty would feel the same way.

I for one would not want the risks of having to go cap in hand to my dealer expecting them to sort out a possible issue after downloading an unofficial update.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

4DC3B2DB-15BE-45C8-B07F-E909CCBAC92D.thumb.jpeg.bf2d435170d4e4377ad14fbc9304de67.jpegNoticed this greyed out option for mobile apps. Pretty sure it wasn’t there before 🤔 ?

On 8/12/2020 at 2:20 PM, Mark-UK said:

As my car is still under warranty I'm a little nervous about using the Cyanlabs update, if it all goes ***** up will I be able to put it back to sync 3.3

I'd say unlikely. Best option I think would be not to send log file to Ford and disable WiFi updates, so you can still download official 3.4  when and if we ever we get it,but i expect I'll be corrected on this.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

4DC3B2DB-15BE-45C8-B07F-E909CCBAC92D.thumb.jpeg.bf2d435170d4e4377ad14fbc9304de67.jpegNoticed this greyed out option for mobile apps. Pretty sure it wasn’t there before 🤔 ?

I have had that ‘Mobile apps settings’ page for a while now, so not new for me.

I have set my ‘enable mobile apps’ to on and left ‘Enable Mobile apps via usb’ to off.

12 minutes ago, PLB said:

I have had that ‘Mobile apps settings’ page for a while now, so not new for me.

I have set my ‘enable mobile apps’ to on and left ‘Enable Mobile apps via usb’ to off.

I had the ‘via usb’ option on , id think Apple CarPlay wouldn't Work without that ? 
It Was the option basically saying enable mobile apps (Without usb) that I couldn’t remember being there. Anyway it’s greyed out on mine, yours the same? That has to be a plan in the making having that option. 

1 hour ago, Alex.S said:

I had the ‘via usb’ option on , id think Apple CarPlay wouldn't Work without that ? 
It Was the option basically saying enable mobile apps (Without usb) that I couldn’t remember being there. Anyway it’s greyed out on mine, yours the same? That has to be a plan in the making having that option. 

As you can see I have two pages of ‘Mobile app settings.‘
I am using Android but you may be right about Apple car play needing usb ?

I assumed you need to  ‘Enable Mobile apps’ on for the the Ford Pass app to work as of course that is a mobile app.?

28782AEF-5659-46D1-BA71-0D38717123DF.jpeg

9AB554C1-9CB0-46C6-9FC4-A5FB5E7BCECC.jpeg

42BCD37F-68F2-4A38-B62C-54D8A85FC7A8.jpeg

1D4FEC80-7D4D-4140-A30F-669DB5BC61D5.jpeg

• Like 1

I thought it had already been established on here that  Android auto only works with USB cable but Apple Airplay should work with bluetooth. ?

17 minutes ago, Comares2001 said:

I thought it had already been established on here that  Android auto only works with USB cable but Apple Airplay should work with Bluetooth. ?

Apple needs a cable too. Can buy adapter things to make it wireless but they tend to be cheap crap from China that don’t work very well. 
I use bluetooth for Apple music but need a cable for the rest . 
Wireless Carplay is coming tho..USA first. 

1 hour ago, PLB said:

I am using Android but you may be right about Apple car play needing usb ?

Android auto is completely wireless now? 
I had a Samsung when first got the car, needed plugging in then. 
My iPhone needs plugged in for CarPlay. I’ve researched online , it is coming just not quite yet . America 1st looks like. 

3115FC34-87D8-43DB-8125-918E645E5344.jpeg

2 hours ago, PLB said:

Enable Mobile apps

Top photo, you have it switched on even though it’s greyed out ! 

looks like wireless CarPlay will be on sync 4 . Surely Apple will release an official device for older cars. 

53 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

Top photo, you have it switched on even though it’s greyed out ! 

looks like wireless CarPlay will be on sync 4 . Surely Apple will release an official device for older cars. 

Yes, I don't know why its greyed out but its defiantly switched on.

Actually, I don't use Android auto but as said i have enabled Mobile apps mainly for the Ford Pass app.

I think I read somewhere in the forum, or maybe the FordPass app support team, that using Android auto can cause issues with the Ford Pass app.

4 minutes ago, PLB said:

Yes, I don't know why its greyed out but its defiantly switched on.

Actually, I don't use Android auto but as said i have enabled Mobile apps for the Ford Pass app.

I think I read somewhere in the forum that using Android auto can cause issues with the Ford Pass app.

I’ve got an iPhone 7 256gb . It’s got a few years left in it. I’d use Carplay every journey if it didn’t need plugged in. Apple can’t say they don’t have the tech , deals with bmw , probably some kind of exclusivity might be why Sync 3 doesn’t have it. 

ive read posts saying issues with android and Also iOS . I’d say issues are more likely to be with Sync. 

12 minutes ago, PLB said:

Actually, I don't use Android auto but as said i have enabled Mobile apps for the Ford Pass app

I’m not the sharpest. How do I enable Mobile apps? 

17 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

I’m not the sharpest. How do I enable Mobile apps? 

I may be wrong but I don’t think you can have them both selected at the same time.

So you probably have to turn off ‘Enable Mobile apps via USB’ then turn on ‘Enable Mobile apps.‘ 

22 hours ago, PLB said:

I may be wrong but I don’t think you can have them both selected at the same time.

So you probably have to turn off ‘Enable Mobile apps via USB’ then turn on ‘Enable Mobile apps.‘ 

That didn’t work. Do you think sync can detect an android phone as opposed to it recognising my iPhone thru usb cable? 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club