Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync3 update to version 3.4

Tezza

4 hours ago, Alex.S said:

That didn’t work. Do you think sync can detect an android phone as opposed to it recognising my iPhone thru usb cable? 

Yes probably, as Android connects to sync via bluetooth and iPhone via usb.

27 minutes ago, PLB said:

Yes probably, as Android connects to sync via Bluetooth and iPhone via usb.

Sync recognises my iPhone immediately, can make calls, stream my music, even ask Siri questions all thru bluetooth, but can’t get Carplay without the cable. 
Have you had that connectivity since you bought the car ? Or is it a new feature? 
I’ve read it’ll be sync4 will have wireless CarPlay. I was hoping sync 3.4 

@alexp999 Hi Alex, I wonder if you could test something for me. I did the unofficial update to Sync 3.4 and can’t set the climate temperature using voice commands. All other voice commands seem to work as expected. When you get the chance could you give it a try and see if it works for you. Cheers.

2 hours ago, colinmcg71 said:

@alexp999 Hi Alex, I wonder if you could test something for me. I did the unofficial update to Sync 3.4 and can’t set the climate temperature using voice commands. All other voice commands seem to work as expected. When you get the chance could you give it a try and see if it works for you. Cheers.

No. Can’t on mine. I never tried it before to know if it worked on 3.3 though. I assumed it only worked when climate controls were enabled on sync. 

• Thanks 1

I am still on sync 3.3 and cannot change my climate temperatures via voice commands.

Although, I am sure I could on my previous Mk 3.5 focus.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

No. Can’t on mine. I never tried it before to know if it worked on 3.3 though. I assumed it only worked when climate controls were enabled on sync. 

Thanks for trying. I’m the same, didn’t try it on 3.3 either. I only used voice commands for climate control a couple of times on Sync 2 on my old 2015 Focus. Just curious to see if it worked on Sync 3.

Just had a look at the most up to date owners manual on the FordPass app and there’s no mention of climate control in the Sync 3 voice recognition settings.

You’d probably have to change the APIM config to turn on the climate controls for voice to work. 

Just now, alexp999 said:

You’d probably have to change the APIM config to turn on the climate controls for voice to work. 

Yeah, I had the climate control screen temporarily enabled in Sync 3 on my old Mk3.5 ST but it seemed like it was only suitable for left had drive vehicles as the dual zone controls were reversed.

To add to the conversation, I'm pretty sure that the climate voice commands have never worked on my 3.3 either. They did work on my previous Mondeo with Sync 3 but that also had the climate screen ( enabled from the factory  and in the correct orientation for rhd ). TBH even though they worked it was still easier to rotate the temp control than use the voice commands, so I didn't see it as a great loss on the Focus

• Like 2

Voice control will only work if the sync climate menu is enabled.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

For those wishing to update the APIM module via Forscan the beta version required (v2.4.1) that you had to manually request is now generally available (since Sept 1st)

Lots of information on the release page https://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=14885

Also requires the use of the more expensive  OBDLink EX cable

• Like 1

All quiet on the Ford sync front!

any updates on when 3.4 plus F9 is going to be released ?

i have just been on a staycation and how old F7 is becomes really apparent 😡

I've now resigned myself to the fact that I'll probably be selling the car before we get an update. Shame on Ford.

• Like 2

I cant see why they moved away from the SD card of storing the maps, surly that's more eco-friendly than having to just drive around for an hour or so, plus update were yearly. 

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 8:11 AM, GreyBeard said:

For those wishing to update the APIM module via Forscan the beta version required (v2.4.1) that you had to manually request is now generally available (since Sept 1st)

Lots of information on the release page https://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=14885

Also requires the use of the more expensive  OBDLink EX cable

they had a few bugs 2.42 is already out

2.4.2 beta, 2020-09-08 (download)

+ Firmware database updates
+ Support of explicit gateway mode (actual for some modules like SOBDMC in US C-Max FHEV 2013MY)
* fixes and improvements in "Module firmware update" function: algorithm that offers firmware now counts some APIM specific (images uploaded from USB, missing firmware etc)
* fixes and improvements in "Module firmware update" function: if some part number cannot be read from module, it is read from vehicle profile prior to firmware DB
- bug in "Module firmware update" function: memory leaks on multiple calls of the same function
- false "Module seems to be bricked" error in case of SBL doesn't support the firmware application status check function
- bug in CAN communication procedure for ELM327 adapters (that might brick some modules on some adapters)
- incorrect changelog text files in the distributive

plus I see lots of firmware fixes in the last few months on many decent adaptors...    MX+ is supported, but they say its better and faster with the EX cable connected device (no big surprise)

• Like 2

It's good to see that development is so active with the team at Forscan.

I'm in two minds still about how much I need the APIM update which means getting the costly EX cable

Looks like another small update to 3.4 is about to roll out. New version is 5U5T-14G381-EG - 3.4.20196. There are also updated VOICE (5U5T-14G391-AM - 3.2.20142) and ENH_DAB (1U5T-14G658-AF - 3.2.20141) (logos) packages.

There also appears to be an updated version of F9 maps coming too. Packages end with a G and version number is 3.2.20071.

1 hour ago, Andyr55 said:

Is this on the Ford sync update site?

Unfortunately no, not yet. 

23 hours ago, colinmcg71 said:

Unfortunately no, not yet. 

If I'm interpreting things correctly - the Cyanlabs site now has links to these 'new' files on Ford's repository. (eg see manual section on their tutorial). Also there is a thread on their 'Community' dealing with questions/issues with 3.4.20196. Whether Ford have made them publicly available via their download web pages for some vehicles - I know not  - for I'm still stuck on ye olde F7 maps & 3.3 sync ....;-o

Anyone know if this kind of detailed warning is something to do with a sync 3.3 to 3.4 update? 
It’s the first and only one I’ve had in 1 year of owning it. 
Ive tweeted Ford uk about it..

60FED055-DF38-42A1-850F-E92377181D6B.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

Anyone know if this kind of detailed warning is something to do with a sync 3.3 to 3.4 update? 

Local hazard warning? Haven’t seen one on mine yet.

22 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

It's the local hazard information. For most people its greyed out as it is on mine. Are you able to select/de select it in the options menu?

1 hour ago, shawty1984 said:

It's the local hazard information. For most people its greyed out as it is on mine. Are you able to select/de select it in the options menu?

I’ve not even got it greyed out! Nothing. 
Live Traffic is all 

I didn’t have Ford Navigation on at the time. Is that the same as others ? 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club