Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Traffic sign recognition

Blatto

Does the traffic sign recognition feature only recognise Speed limits? In the manual it shows a diagram with a no overtaking sign and a speed limit sign, this would suggest to me it's supposed to recognise various signs? The only one's I've seen displayed on my dash are speed limits.

38 minutes ago, Blatto said:

Does the traffic sign recognition feature only recognise Speed limits? 

I have seen a "no overtaking" sign on the display a couple of times, but it's very rare that I actually see one of those signs these days. 

As I've mentioned in several other posts the TSR is best regarded as a useful aid but is not to be relied on - it often fails to pick up speed limit signs because they are obscured by vegetation, faded or dirty, badly located or plain missing and the GPS data fails to take account of, for example, long term temporary limits which have been removed. 

Thanks for info.

I'm not relying on it for any up to date info, just wondered if mine was working ok as I've not noticed any other signs being recognised.

1 hour ago, Blatto said:

Thanks for info.

I'm not relying on it for any up to date info, just wondered if mine was working ok as I've not noticed any other signs being recognised.

It's working normally Michael, don't worry.  It's speed signs and the only other one I've ever seen is the over-taking one, and that was in the manual lol.

@Eric Bloodaxe - Agree totally regarding the usefulness.  Although it's better than the Honda system in other half's new Civic.  It only displays the speed for around 10-15 seconds unless it sees another sign.

OK thanks, think I'll leave it on for when I'm on unfamilar roads and turn it off for my daily commute

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club