Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just wondering

Pid16v

... How many 2.5T's in here and how many of those are estates? Also, wth is a Vignale? [emoji53]

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

... Just me then..... [emoji513]

On 12/30/2019 at 12:56 AM, Pid16v said:

... How many 2.5T's in here and how many of those are estates? Also, wth is a Vignale? emoji53.png

Vignale is supposedly Ford's premium brand but it's basically just a trim level above Titanium X.  You get some extra interior and exterior stuff plus free car wash and supposedly a much more detailed QC check at the factory, bearing in mind someone on here reported that their Vignale came from the factory missing it's heated steering wheel (which is a mandatory item on a Mondy Vignale) in my book it doesn't say much for Ford's "enhanced" QC checks!

The Vignale seats are lovely tbf, but not worth the extra purchase price yet, hopefully they'll depreciate heavily over the next few years. :wink:  Vignale was a coachbuilder, same as Ghia, it's just the 'modern' luxury version, Ghia was dropped a few years ago.

As for 2.5t estates...I didn't even know they made them, so probably not many about!  Seems an odd engine choice for an estate, must get all of about 20mpg when loaded up and without the benefit of diesel torque to effortlessly drag you uphill fully loaded.  My Dad had a Mk3 Mondeo estate with the 2.5 V6 (non-turbo) and I never did understand the point of it...

Mondeo 2.5T had the same engine as the Focus ST, detuned to get into the lower tax bracket.

Lovely engine, makes a cool sound, and it can be tuned with all the same parts as the Focus, to get serious gains with relatively small outlay.

Oh, and it is torquey, maybe not as much as a diesel but plenty enough

• Like 2

I bet you must be getting single figure MPG numbers around town then? 😂

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

Mondeo 2.5T had the same engine as the Focus ST, detuned to get into the lower tax bracket.

Lovely engine, makes a cool sound, and it can be tuned with all the same parts as the Focus, to get serious gains with relatively small outlay.

Oh, and it is torquey, maybe not as much as a diesel but plenty enough

The 2.5T is MK4 only though (for the UK at least) and the Vignale spec MK5 only though right?  (For the avoidance of doubt)

As far as I know MK4 only and the Vignale was/is MK5.

Ford fitted the 2.0 Ecoboost in the later MK4 / MK4.5

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Frembrit said:

As far as I know MK4 only and the Vignale was/is MK5.

Ford fitted the 2.0 Ecoboost in the later MK4 / MK4.5

That's what I thought, but I thought it was worth clarifying because the initial post essentially cover MK4s and MK5s (for different things) and it could have mislead someone into thinking they could get the old ST Volvo engine is a MK5.

Not an estate as I found the hatch roomy enough for me, has had a few mods though - 

RamAir Pod Filter
Elevate FST225 Top Pipe
Airtec FMIC
Scorpion Downpipe
Scorpion Cat Back Exhaust
ECV Valve
RS DMF + Clutch Kit
Bluefin Stage 2

295bhp & 450nm (332ftlb) of fun, but can still give 38mpg on a run and 20mpg around town.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2020 at 8:40 PM, Mark M said:

Not an estate as I found the hatch roomy enough for me, has had a few mods though - 

RamAir Pod Filter
Elevate FST225 Top Pipe
Airtec FMIC
Scorpion Downpipe
Scorpion Cat Back Exhaust
ECV Valve
RS DMF + Clutch Kit
Bluefin Stage 2

295bhp & 450nm (332ftlb) of fun, but can still give 38mpg on a run and 20mpg around town.

That'll give a few Audi drivers something to think about when they decide they want to go racing! :chair: (after all, they do generally think that they personally own the roads)

Does tend to surprise a few people 🤣

Helped by the ECV valve I'm sure. With it closed the exhaust is quieter than stock, press a switch and it gets a fair bit louder and fair bit quicker 😁

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club