Do Not Sell My Personal Information

She's home

Gallego1968

Well i picked up mt ST-3 this morning and wow i love it. I have hooned it a few times in sport mode just to see but going to be sensible until she has been run in properly . But now 60 miles on the clock and had a smile every mile.

Fiesta ST-3.jpg

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Gallego1968 said:

Well i picked up mt ST-3 this morning and wow i love it. I have hooned it a few times in sport mode just to see but going to be sensible until she has been run in properly . But now 60 miles on the clock and had a smile every mile.

Fiesta ST-3.jpg

nice bet your pleased 👍

Is that Agate or Shadow Black.

We picked up our 1.1 Trend today in Agate Black and it looks very smart, but much slower than yours!!!!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gallego1968 said:

It's Agate black which is a nice black.

My fiesta is agate black as well, I originally wanted the magnetic, but I think the black actually looks nicer now.

No idea what the difference between agate black and shadow black is?  I had a focus in shadow black.

56 minutes ago, mitch84 said:

No idea what the difference between agate black and shadow black is?  I had a focus in shadow black.

Very nice looking car. Until I bought my first black car (an Audi - that one was "Pearl Black" iirc) I always thought black was just black - never thought you could have so many shades of black!😀

• Like 1

Nice car, hope you are pleased with it.

From a personal point of view, i have never liked 5 door St's.

19 minutes ago, Mavroz said:

From a personal point of view, i have never liked 5 door St's.

I've never like 3 door Fiestas of any description.   I have problems reaching the seatbelt.

• Like 2

I agree with Bobr's point. My Fiesta is 5 dr. I also sometimes drive a 3dr VW (Lupo) and I find it hard reaching the seatbelt in a 3 dr car. I think my body isn't so flexible now I am in my late 50s. But I do think that many models of car look more 'sporty' in a 3dr version. 

(and the other down side about 3 dr is that the longer door means you need more space beside your car to open it far enough to get out of the driver's seat).

So there's pro and cons which suit different people in different ways. Staying on the fence

• Like 1

It's good to have the choice, and I suppose on looks alone I prefer the 3 door, but I find the 5 door much more practical and unlike "sporty" 5 doors a few years ago which sometimes looked a bit odd, not bad-looking. My Mrs's Mii 3 door needs far more room to open the door than the Fiesta, though it's a much smaller car. Ford have already dropped most 5 door versions and I can see it disappearing altogether at the next major revamp to further rationalise production. I was trying to think of another 3 door supermini, but the VW Group offerings (Polo/A1/Ibiza/Fabia) are 5d only, as are the Renault Clio, Nissan Micra, Honda Jazz, Hyundai i20, Kia Rio, Citroen C3, Mazda 2, Toyota Yaris, Suzuki Swift and the new models of the Peugeot 208 and Vauxhall Corsa are also 5d only. That only left the Mini 3d - can anyone think of another one?

1 hour ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Very nice looking car. Until I bought my first black car (an Audi - that one was "Pearl Black" iirc) I always thought black was just black - never thought you could have so many shades of black!😀

Being previous cat N, there are many shades of black on my one car alone! :laugh: Most of it is Deep Black pearlescent...but as well as being more purpley, I think the paint mixer sneezed when adding the flake the the newer paint. :lol:

It's the same with white though, even flat white comes in so many shades! 😮 Not only on cars either, need to buy white goods all of the same brand or they're all different shades as well!

As for the 3dr vs 5dr debate, I've always preferred 5dr practicality...but some cars do look better in 3dr.  Personally I find the Mk8 ST looks as good with 5 doors though, first thing I noticed when I opened the thread as I didn't know they did them in 5dr!  :biggrin: 

56 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Being previous cat N, there are many shades of black on my one car alone! :laugh: Most of it is Deep Black pearlescent...but as well as being more purpley, I think the paint mixer sneezed when adding the flake the the newer paint. :lol:

It's the same with white though, even flat white comes in so many shades! 😮 Not only on cars either, need to buy white goods all of the same brand or they're all different shades as well!

As for the 3dr vs 5dr debate, I've always preferred 5dr practicality...but some cars do look better in 3dr.  Personally I find the Mk8 ST looks as good with 5 doors though, first thing I noticed when I opened the thread as I didn't know they did them in 5dr!  :biggrin: 

After that first one which was a cleaning nightmare, I swore I'd never have another black car. But John's car in the photo above looks so good I might weaken, the ST wheels seem to suit the black also.

Now, Tom, how could a serial forum lurker like you miss the 5 door Fiesta ST - they've only been doing one since the late Mk 7.5 in 2016!😀 You must be getting out too much!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

After that first one which was a cleaning nightmare, I swore I'd never have another black car. But John's car in the photo above looks so good I might weaken, the ST wheels seem to suit the black also.

Now, Tom, how could a serial forum lurker like you miss the 5 door Fiesta ST - they've only been doing one since the late Mk 7.5 in 2016!😀 You must be getting out too much!

I agree keeping black cars clean is impossible...I also said I'd never buy another black one after 3.5 years of the Mk2.5 Focus...  Yet I'd bought a black Golf within 6 months! :laugh:  Although saying that, when I owned the silver Mk3 in between, I found out that even silver doesn't stay clean for long on the roads I drive. 😮 

Black does look good when it's clean though, and as you say particularly on those ST wheels...and the red calipers help to break up the black at the front and match the tail lights too...  Hmm, I've almost talked myself into one now! :laugh: 

Blimey, I'm definitely losing my touch!  Has anyone on here got a 5dr Mk7.5?  Honestly can't remember seeing any!  2016 was only a few months ago though wasn't it? :unsure: :tongue: 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Has anyone on here got a 5dr Mk7.5? 

@Willy certainly had one, and posted a 12 page thread about it in the "Ford Project and Build Threads" forum. He's got a Mk 8 Performance Edition (which is 3 door only) now, though.😀

• Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Hmm, I've almost talked myself into one now! :laugh: 

I'm still wondering if I could get on with the seats/ride in the ST. Only managed a quick spin round the block in the Mk 8 and it's certainly firmer (in both respects) than the ST-L. What I need is a 48 hour test drive so I can have a good go over the Moors and up the Dales, but no joy so far.  Only manufacturers offering those are on cars I'm not interested in!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

@Willy certainly had one, and posted a 12 page thread about it in the "Ford Project and Build Threads" forum. He's got a Mk 8 Performance Edition (which is 3 door only) now, though.😀

I did

20161213_121131_zpscw6sfksn-edited.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I agree keeping black cars clean is impossible...I also said I'd never buy another black one after 3.5 years of the Mk2.5 Focus...  Yet I'd bought a black Golf within 6 months! :laugh:  Although saying that, when I owned the silver Mk3 in between, I found out that even silver doesn't stay clean for long on the roads I drive. 😮 

Black does look good when it's clean though, and as you say particularly on those ST wheels...and the red calipers help to break up the black at the front and match the tail lights too...  Hmm, I've almost talked myself into one now! :laugh: 

Blimey, I'm definitely losing my touch!  Has anyone on here got a 5dr Mk7.5?  Honestly can't remember seeing any!  2016 was only a few months ago though wasn't it? :unsure: :tongue: 

Up until a few months ago a had a 5 door.

20190810_104756.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

It's good to have the choice, and I suppose on looks alone I prefer the 3 door, but I find the 5 door much more practical and unlike "sporty" 5 doors a few years ago which sometimes looked a bit odd, not bad-looking. My Mrs's Mii 3 door needs far more room to open the door than the Fiesta, though it's a much smaller car. Ford have already dropped most 5 door versions and I can see it disappearing altogether at the next major revamp to further rationalise production. I was trying to think of another 3 door supermini, but the VW Group offerings (Polo/A1/Ibiza/Fabia) are 5d only, as are the Renault Clio, Nissan Micra, Honda Jazz, Hyundai i20, Kia Rio, Citroen C3, Mazda 2, Toyota Yaris, Suzuki Swift and the new models of the Peugeot 208 and Vauxhall Corsa are also 5d only. That only left the Mini 3d - can anyone think of another one?

Fiat don't do the Punto anymore, my first car was 1.2 3 door one of those. Hated how heavy the doors were, and it was totally abysmal to drive. I do see most ST-Line Fiesta's are still 3 door, I think I've only seen one other 5 door one since I've had it. 

1 minute ago, dtulip8 said:

I do see most ST-Line Fiesta's are still 3 door, I think I've only seen one other 5 door one since I've had it. 

It seems to be the other way round where I live!

• Like 1

Missus would leave me if i bought a 3 door anything, mainly because of access in an emergency, i tend to agree with her in that respect. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bobr said:

I've never like 3 door Fiestas of any description.   I have problems reaching the seatbelt.

I agree with you on that one 😀

1 hour ago, mozz said:

Missus would leave me if i bought a 3 door anything, mainly because of access in an emergency, i tend to agree with her in that respect. 

Lol

4 hours ago, Willy said:

Up until a few months ago a had a 5 door.

20190810_104756.jpg

I think I actually prefer the look of the 5 door Mk7.5 ST seeing that!  Something about the way the doorline flows into the spoiler and the b pillar being more central.

Any particular reason you went 3dr with the Mk8?

I don't read build threads, they just make me miss my modding days! :laugh:

20 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I think I actually prefer the look of the 5 door Mk7.5 ST seeing that!  Something about the way the doorline flows into the spoiler and the b pillar being more central.

Any particular reason you went 3dr with the Mk8?

I don't read build threads, they just make me miss my modding days! :laugh:

The Performance Edition only came in a 3 door 😁

20191229_204318.thumb.jpg.d67ef087ab40a9c624d95f6b24e4cc29.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/11/2020 at 8:04 PM, Gallego1968 said:

i picked up mt ST-3 this morning and wow i love it.

Looks good, those wheels on the ST look the part.

I did test drive the ST last August but found it a bit too harsh on the ride. Otherwise very impressive though. My ST-Line is about as stiff as my poor old back will stand these days.

God knows what my old MK 1 Golf GTi 1800 on lowered Bilstein suspension would do to me now 🙂

On 1/12/2020 at 11:04 AM, Bobr said:

I'm finding that on my MK8 St-Line 3 door, it's a bit of a stretch but it was fine on my MK7.5 ST-Line. Prefer the looks of the 3 door though, seldom have anyone in the back (Unless stationary 😉 ) so not a problem on practicality.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club