Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Maximum torque specs on Focus 1.0 Ecoboost 100hp & 125hp?

Tiberie

Hi everyone,

Have Ford Focus 1.0 Ecoboost with 100hp (2019 saloon, 6 speed version) and I am really tempted to remap the ECU to 140Hp and 240Nm of torque.

But I can't find nowhere info about the maximum torque that the stock flywheel, clutch pressure plate and/or clutch disk can bare, as per factory specifications. Can anyone chip in and provide me with link and/or info?

From the local Ford dealer (as they have access to the Fort ETIS site), they managed to provide me with a information about the Nm specs for the gearbox of my Focus via the VIN number.
So, in the doc I read that in 3rd and 4th gear the maximum Nm that is handled is 210Nm. (Will, provide a screenshot as I left the paper in the car.)

So, this got me wondering whether the 240Nm would strain the clutch every day as I shift from 1st to 5th gear in the city, because from 170Nm from 1400rpm till 4000rpm, then the engine would output 240Nm from 2600rpm and above... And from what I've noticed, I shift between 2000rpm and 2500rpm. 

Want to make sure that the 70Nm higher engine torque output would not wear out the mechanical components of the car too fast. Want to be able to drive the car for the next 7-8 years without and issue from the above parts. I need the Nm punch when I want to overtake a car on highway or avoid collision while driving in the city, so rarely I would rev the engine.

Thank You.

T.

The screenshots as promised:

New Doc 2020-01-22 20.18.20_1.jpg

New Doc 2020-01-22 20.18.20_2.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I've finally done it 🙂 After 3 years I've convinced myself that is safe to do it. So I got the Ford remapped to 140HP/240Nm couple of days ago and I am amazed on the better acceleration in 2nd, 2rd and 4th gear.

I have yet to see the amount of increase of fuel consumption. Before the remap, on average the board computer would show 8.0L/100Km in town with mix of Normal/Sport mode, AC on and it's winter now.

Surely it's the same gearbox on the 155PS MHEV manual too?

I'm sure it will be fine, the 6 speed is stronger than the 5 speed anyway

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club