Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Advice req - buying a secondhand Focus

SunnyD

Hi owners

I had a Focus 1.8 tdi ghia 2006, which my mechanic managed to write off by not correctly diagnosing my slave cylinder fault, and charging me over £500 to replace the clutch plate. Anyhow, I now need to get a replacement and wanted to stick with a Focus, but they have changed considerably since 2006!! I didn't really want another diesel, but there only appears to be a 1.0l petrol version which I understand has had real issues, although I think this has been addressed in the newer models. I'm looking for a 2-3 year old model, with decent acceleration  (even though I'm a 63 year old 'boy-racer!)

Advice please as I'm hoping to buy one once the 2020 plates are out, which should give me more choice?

Thanks   

Diana

So it will be a Mk3.5 then, the facelift. A good trim level would be the titanium (with or without the X pack) or the sportier looking ST Line which has less gadgets inside but is still well equipped. The 1.5 petrol ecoboost engine pushes out 150ps and will 0-62 in around 9s which is quick enough for our roads. 

A 2017 model will have the improved sync3 media system which includes Android Auto and Apple CarPlay - meaning you can use Google maps as sat nav. If you use the Ford satnav then you can update it yourself for free whereas with Sync2 you have to pay. 

They all have heated windscreens now 🙂 parking sensors and a rear camera are very desirable as are the upgraded headlights. 

Go to a dealer and have a chat, they may know of cars that are due in as part ex for a new 20 plate and they have access to loads of Ford Direct cars too which are national not just on your doorstep.

• Like 2

Pretty much as Jon says, a MK3.5 will be a well sorted car in any guise really. Just avoid the 100ps 1.0 engine, not really man enough for a car that size and only has a 5 speeder. All other engines get a 6 speed gearbox, makes it much more refined at a cruise than the 5 speed MK2 Focus.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

How do you know what SYNC model each focus has? I’m looking at a 66 plate titanium X.

thanks in advance!

SYNC 2 has a dark black theme to it, 3 is blue and white. See photos

1A2E1F9F-F82A-4590-8B3F-26636D1910C3.jpeg

BF3FC863-EA72-4995-BEB2-9F0FAB151477.jpeg

• Like 1

How do you know what SYNC model each focus has? I’m looking at a 66 plate titanium X.

thanks in advance!
Sync2 screen is split into 4 and sync3 has tabs along the bottom.

As above, picture one is Sync3

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks, won’t be getting that car I looked at then, good spec but ideally I’m after CarPlay 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club