Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Puma - Unleaded or Premium Unleaded

Paulo Verde

Hi All, I am new to the forum and have not driven a ford for years, however I am due to pickup my my Ford Puma ST-Line X First Edition Plus in a week or so and was wondering if people are using standard or premium unleaded fuel? 

Really looking forward it, with all the bells and whistles it has...

It only needs normal 95 RON. Even the Fiesta ST can run on 95 Ron.

It has a knock sensor, so will adapt to higher octane fuel, but you'll rarely see the benefit, although I do use 97+ on my ST, i wouldn't bother on the 1.0, 95 RON will do fine, the extra MPG won't pay for itself using more expensive fuel.

• Like 1

I've always used 97. Had Ford's for 10 years now.  Does it make a difference? Who knows but the amount of mileage I do (2 full tanks a month)  it costs me about a tenner a month more in fuel which is neither here nor there.

• Like 1

I have only ever used premium fuels, usually BP ultimate, as I have a number of those garages around my locality, on every ford I've owned, and I've had my Kuga Turbo over 8 years now and with the problem on some engines of carbonisation, its got to be worth the little extra cost, whether it makes a difference, you may never know but if your dropping nearly 25 grand of your own money on the floor for a car you may keep for a number of years, I'd say its a no-brainer.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club