Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

2 hours ago, Turvey said:

Not all heroes wear capes 😎

At first I thought "What a star! " Then I started wondering if giving people an extra McDonald's nugget is actually a good thing or a bad thing.......?😀

• Like 1

20191122_170104.thumb.jpg.b03398d95b7c2fdc928a32d2bb9ec8a2.jpg

Dell XPS8930 intel i7 9th Gen with Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Graphics and Windows 10 Pro arrived today 😛

All Dell items except for cables and two Legrand items under the name C2G; and a 2M Duronic Cat7 RJ45 cable.

Overall Total Savings €192.02 compared to putting everything in to the one basket on the Dell Website and it all arrives just the same way. 

I've some more detailed links previously documented here: https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/67740-things-i-do-like/?do=findComment&comment=790560 

Saved €76.00 Purchasing the Dell P2415Q Monitor & Dell AC511M Sound Bar from LaptopsDirect instead of directly from dell 🤷‍♂️ strange that one.

Saved €56.26 on the Dell KM717 Premier keyboard & Mouse kit by purchasing along with the XPS8930 from Dell.

Saved €47.31 on the C2G USB 3.0 to HDMI adapter to allow the television display the computer; by purchasing from amazon instead of directly from Dell.

Also saved €12.52 on the C2G 2M HDMI cable by purchasing from amazon instead of directly from dell.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Turvey said:

Not all heroes wear capes 😎

Can you do that for me 😁. Well the only meat type of food I can get there is a vegy or fish burger 🍔😂

10 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

At first I thought "What a star! " Then I started wondering if giving people an extra McDonald's nugget is actually a good thing or a bad thing.......?😀

Good thing - respect, out of curtisy 

Bad thing - might put more weight on the customer, possibly heart attack 🤔

I do like that the wheel I replaced just sold on eBay for £81.

Seems reasonable - he got a used wheel with some touched-up damage for half the price of a new one, and I got a brand new wheel instead of a refurb for the same (net) amount :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Do like decanting the rasberry Vodka  and blackberry vodka I had infusing in kilner jars won't fit in the empty vodka bottles. Got quite a bit left over of each . Probably a pint or so . Oh well , I had better not waste it. Unfortunately I found a 3/4 bottle of imitation Cointreau I thought I could use, so currently getting through that first. Could have a thick head in the morning!! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, iantt said:

Do like decanting the rasberry Vodka  and blackberry vodka I had infusing in kilner jars won't fit in the empty vodka bottles. Got quite a bit left over of each . Probably a pint or so . Oh well , I had better not waste it. Unfortunately I found a 3/4 bottle of imitation Cointreau I thought I could use, so currently getting through that first. Could have a thick head in the morning!! 

Why not fill the vodka bottles with ribena or a raspberry type of drink 😁. Saves the drunknees coming 

• Confused 1

I do like this film coming out called blue stories. Mainly because I heard they filmed a scene from the film on my grans Road. Bad thing I'd say is the gang attacks I've heard in the cinemas because of the film releasing. Feel also it might discriminate and possibly even increase the gang violence. 

@Stoney871 I believe I'm still getting the -200 error whilst trying to upload pictures. I think now I'm not getting notifications for replies or reactions from my messages 

4 hours ago, zain611 said:

@Stoney871 I believe I'm still getting the -200 error whilst trying to upload pictures. I think now I'm not getting notifications for replies or reactions from my messages 

Were your pictures portrait out of interest?  

I've just tried to upload 2...  One portrait and one landscape...landscape one uploads fine but the portrait one is causing the -200 error...  I wondered if it was a size issue but the one that uploads fine is a whole MB bigger so it's not that. :unsure:

IMG_20191124_145706210_HDR.thumb.jpg.79471bfb39f3d1afaa93879a26b37a29.jpg

Edit - Just wondered if I could upload it after posting...still -200!  But another landscape works perfectly again!

IMG_20191124_151734321.thumb.jpg.346a6fd548eee82fbbdab0ba265f1c3f.jpg

• Like 1

I like it when people can just see time to visit an elderly person even more this time of year,i have been caring for 15 years plus (home living carer) meaning i looked after my mom and now a 91 year old dad at home,been to a few homes for other people and you can see them change as we all after to be there at some stage.

It makes a massive difference to an elderly person and it changed my life doing this job but was my choice and would never change it.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, jace1969 said:

I like it when people can just see time to visit an elderly person even more this time of year,i have been caring for 15 years plus (home living carer) meaning i looked after my mom and now a 91 year old dad at home,been to a few homes for other people and you can see them change as we all after to be there at some stage.

It makes a massive difference to an elderly person and it changed my life doing this job but was my choice and would never change it.

Just last week I visited a dementia care home i used to volunteer in 5 years ago. Remembered some of the staff there along with some of the dementia clients 😊. One of the staff who used to look after me said how comfident I've become and how much more eye contact I make 😂. There used to be 2 clients I used to always talk to but they don't come in on that day. 

Also was a elderly guy who works or voluntars there I saw. 

• Like 2

I like working out to add songs on Youtube to my Spotify playlists, works well for some user made remixes I like on there that I've wanted to import for ages.

2 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

I like working out to add songs on Youtube to my Spotify playlists, works well for some user made remixes I like on there that I've wanted to import for ages.

ive seen how to do that somewhere but forgotten now, how is it done?

14 hours ago, zain611 said:

Just last week I visited a dementia care home i used to volunteer in 5 years ago. Remembered some of the staff there along with some of the dementia clients 😊. One of the staff who used to look after me said how comfident I've become and how much more eye contact I make 😂. There used to be 2 clients I used to always talk to but they don't come in on that day. 

Also was a elderly guy who works or voluntars there I saw. 

I have been to 2 of these when my dads brother was in one then moved to another, not hear now but it opens your eyes how life can turn out and was told the same

about eye contact but just to hold the hand of some, it brings a tear to your eye how cruel life at times is.

Seen a few stuff that's hit you and brings that tear but i know loads have busy lives but just that 30 mins can make a lot of difference, we all start off the same

and ain't got a clue what the finish line brings to us.

I do feel very strong about stuff like this.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

Need to know this. Before I was able to play songs download on my laptop from there but not since an update they did. There's a album I like but I think they removed it. 

@TomsFocus you have to give me examples of what I have to take advantage of 🤣. Yesterday I went to my cousins birthday and also met his fiancé for the first time. Guy is a year younger than me and already found someone. Only thing with him is he dropped out uni from his IT degree and just working in a stationery shop whilst the girl is doing a teaching degree.

I'm more focused on my education and stressed about trying my best to get into the career I want. 

3 hours ago, zain611 said:

@TomsFocus you have to give me examples of what I have to take advantage of 🤣. Yesterday I went to my cousins birthday and also met his fiancé for the first time. Guy is a year younger than me and already found someone. Only thing with him is he dropped out uni from his IT degree and just working in a stationery shop whilst the girl is doing a teaching degree.

I'm more focused on my education and stressed about trying my best to get into the career I want. 

Get out there and enjoy life while you still can, try everything, take every opportunity you get!  Drinking, smoking, gambling, partying...maybe even a bit of coke at a strip club...hmm, ok maybe none of those are appropriate! :laugh:  

Seriously though, education is obviously important...but you should have a good work/life balance, Work Hard, Play Hard! :wink:

Edit - The mate that posted that meme has just posted this one...I wish I had his eloquence!  He's right though...and his life has gone considerably better than mine so far! :laugh:

Screenshot_20191125-133714.thumb.png.3f42ad11b18156901f7405ee2049c0cd.png

• Like 1

Road manners. Something people don't get even till this day. Did enjoy watching this 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Road manners. Something people don't get even till this day. Did enjoy watching this 😂

Lol😄

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

ive seen how to do that somewhere but forgotten now, how is it done?

11 hours ago, zain611 said:

Need to know this. Before I was able to play songs download on my laptop from there but not since an update they did. There's a album I like but I think they removed it. 

You need the Spotify desktop application. First save a YouTube video as an MP3 or if you already have the MP3 file, put in your music folder. Then on Spotify hit Ctrl-P (Cmd-P on Mac?) to open preferences. Scroll down to where it says local files, and toggle show local files on. Then add a source, which is where you click your music folder and it should auto add the MP3 files. They should now show up on the left under a tab called “local files”. They can be added to any playlist and will appear on mobile devices as well.

• Like 3

You need the Spotify desktop application. First save a YouTube video as an MP3 or if you already have the MP3 file, put in your music folder. Then on Spotify hit Ctrl-P (Cmd-P on Mac?) to open preferences. Scroll down to where it says local files, and toggle show local files on. Then add a source, which is where you click your music folder and it should auto add the MP3 files. They should now show up on the left under a tab called “local files”. They can be added to any playlist and will appear on mobile devices as well.
Good to know, cheers. Shame you can't add it by doing it on your Android device though. I've got a YT downloader on my phone. It may be possible with a bit of work [emoji1696]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club