Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Coronavirus-A Light Hearted Thread

Turvey

@zain611 the alcohol content needs to be above 60% apparently, better just drink the IPA 😉🍻

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Starting a vodka distillery to keep us going!

B51C2F72-F9A5-4F37-A71F-3D08E80588EE.jpeg

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

Making some Mash 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Turvey said:

@zain611 the alcohol content needs to be above 60% apparently, better just drink the IPA 😉🍻

Ethanol 

• Like 2

When you run out of hand wash/sanitiser, let the dog lick your hands or borrow the neighbours dog, their tongues are supposed to be antiseptic!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dtulip8 said:

Can get some chips out of them 😶

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Turvey said:

It is IsoPropyl Alcohol you need, not Indian Pale Ale. 🍺

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Milkman said:

When you run out of hand wash/sanitiser, let the dog lick your hands or borrow the neighbours dog, their tongues are supposed to be antiseptic!

If I run out of toilet rolls he can lick my a55 after licking his own then aswell 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Local Tescos- no bread, eggs, flour, meat (frozen & fresh), milk, rice, pasta, veg, fruit, biscuits / crackers, cooked meats.
People going to the checkout with trolleys full of loo roll and whinging when they are only allowed two packs.
There are way too many selfish & greedy people around.
I have two freezers full of packed foods and batch cooked stuff I always keep topped up anyway, a larder cupboard with enough soups and tinned food to last a month.
Dogs have plenty of food supplied from work so they are set.

Surprisingly stores have plenty of alcohol (as do I as parents buy me JD on all birthdays & christmasses).
If I had Covid I'd isolate myself with 6 bottles of whisky and drink the fortnight away.
The time would fly by and just a cracking hangover to beat at the end [emoji2957]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

P.S, If I get really stuffed I have a stash of ex-army rations I can use to keep me from starving [emoji41]

Funny you mention plenty of alcohol...I've noticed loads of Corona beer on stock, even in stores where it's on offer...I wonder if there's some sort of subliminal avoidance going on there!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Funny you mention plenty of alcohol...I've noticed loads of Corona beer on stock, even in stores where it's on offer...I wonder if there's some sort of subliminal avoidance going on there!

89850899_10221962585159072_8623346366661263360_n.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On a serious note, think about this...

89647630-3073532552678937-29522633628151

or

89445404-634579944046450-317741012261168

54 minutes ago, Jim H said:

On a serious note, think about this...

89647630-3073532552678937-29522633628151

or

89445404-634579944046450-317741012261168

Shocking isn't it? 😞

• Like 1

If the panic buyers had elderly relatives that they were depriving of essentials through their selfishness and greed, would they then think twice about what they were doing and realise the consequence?

• Like 1

A lot of the panic buyers are elderly but they don't even realise they're panic buying.  The amount of times I've heard 'Have we got enough so we don't have to go out until it's passed?' being shouted across the store over the last few days is ridiculous.  One woman in her 80's was even complaining about how bad the queues were for a Monday...with a deep trolley overflowing!!  Having shopped for 2 elderly Nan's, they don't get through that much in a month!

I have asked if my Nan needs anything this week but she said no which seems a bit suspect...I'll take her a few basic things in anyway just in case I end up having to self isolate myself or the stock shortages continue longer than expected.  Does that count as panic buying?  Or is it sensible stocking?  Who knows where the line should be drawn. :unsure: 

The annoying thing is I can't even find a loaf of bread.
Luckily I usually keep one and some rolls in the freezer but not the same when I want a nice sandwich, frozen bread never stays fluffy [emoji852]

• Like 1

Don't forget this thread was to be the light-hearted take on things 😉

Can always post in don't like, or start a new thread.

I read an article earlier where a woman bought 18 toilet rolls and her children put all of them in the bath together with some of their toys and filled it with water.

Supermarkets and drug stores are just waking up to this panic buying and are now restricting people and cutting their opening hours to give them time to re-stock the shelves, also they are reserving the first couple of opening hours for the elderly only to do their shopping. There was a case of someone getting mugged for their toilet rolls a couple of days ago. What has society come to?

10 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Don't forget this thread was to be the light-hearted take on things 😉

Can always post in don't like, or start a new thread.

Oh, it's light hearted all right, the way people are reacting to the situation and how the 'authorities' are handling it is laughable!

18f7613a263f249f78f84dbfff3dbbfd.jpg

• Haha 4

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club