Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Your Favorite YouTube Channels

Jim H

In this current climate/situation, I thought it might be a good idea to see which YouTube channels people like to watch. I don't mean specific videos, but the people you like to watch and/or their channels. These can be car or non-car related.

You can post links to them if you want, or just titles so people can copy and paste into the YouTube Search bar. A small description may be useful (but not essential).

I have a long list which I'll post later.

I watch this one a lot. They do live streams (usually once a month) with fun games and the lastest news from the brand. 
Anyone who grew up bwtween the 1960s and 1990s will have had some experience of watching the shows they made.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GerryAndersonTV

As said above I watch a lot of YouTube videos. There are a quite a few channels I look at and trust. I've even put most into categories.

Car reviews:

CarWow, Carbayer, Autoexpress, What Car, The Telegraph, CarGurus UK (I do like reviews with Mat Watson or Rebecca Jackson). Electric Cars: Fullychargedshow (Robert Llewellyn and Johnny Smith), I do like "James and Kate" who do honest and unbiased reviews. Chris Harris on Cars and Drive. I'm sure there's others I've forgotten

(Super) car vloggers

Shmee150, Supercars of London, Seb Delaney, Seen through Glass, Archie HambletonRacing. Harry Metcalf (ex EVO) who runs Harry's Garage is quite good.

Project Builds

Project Binky (Bad Obsession Motorsport) - 2 guys building an old mini with Toyota Celica engine and 4wd running gear. 30 min or so episodes every few months (now one virtually every month), brilliantly done with slight humour too. One of only few channels I'm Subscribed to.

detailing

Forensic detailing Channel - Long and thorough reviews of detailing Products, also does group tests.

Car Cleaning Guru

Pan the Organiser.

'Engineering Explained' is a very good channel, who as you can imagine explains things very well. Car Throttle can be entertaining too.

Project Farm - Tests different oils and fuels in engines to see how they perform.  Normally a Lawn mower and also has an engine with perspex cylinder head.

Non-Car related

Techmoan - originally found looking for dashcam reviews, he now does weird and wonderful audio and video formats reviews.

BigClivedotcom - teardown and reverse engineer random electrical stuff.

EEBlog - similar to above

8bit Guy, Nostalgic Nerd, LGR, - old computer stuff

Linus Tech Tips & Techquickie - Modern Computer and phone reviews

Photonicinduction - Tests electrical things using massive electrical power until they go bang! However not been updated for more than 2 years, I've read he will be back soon.

Photograpy

Camera Reviews - DigitalRev TV and Kai W. Kai Wong is entertaining to watch with decent reviews on stuff

Tony & Chelsea Northrup - Techniques and Camera reviews

Christopher Frost Photography - Camera Lens Reviews

Mike Browne - Camera techniques and how to improve them.

Drinks:

The CiderDrinker - (Subscribed) I Likes me Zider!!. Real Craft Ale Beer channel, Beer Goggles, I'm sure there's a few more.

Over the last year or so I've enjoyed watching Geoff Marshal and All the Stations, who are an entertaining couple who look at stations and railway related bits. The Londonist is quite good too.

I'm sure there are other sites I look at, but forgotten. I did wonder about linking them to this post, but there's so many, just copy and paste into YouTube search. With the amount I look at, I think I need to get out more, lol!!

Mine are all car building related. 

Devin Niemela - builds Mitsubishi Evos

Mighty Car Mods - the original and best. By far.

B is for Build - nice guy, builds crazy projects and generally makes a mess

Project Binky - mentioned above 

Tavarish - less keen now that he hardly does any work, but some of the older series’ are worth watching

Samcracc - rebuilds crashed cars. Again I’m going off him but his Audi RS7 rebuild got me into this genre 

Driftworks - one of the few UK based channels I can stomach. 

Hoonigan - all amazing, particularly the build & battle series’ and the recent 621 Golden program

• Like 1

For car related: 

I like mightcarmods they have loads of great shows and a few hour long videos which are both funny and educational such as "Kei to the city" where they went to Japan and bought a car met some locals and modified it,

https://www.youtube.com/user/mightycarmods 

Emilia Hartford is another descent one not sure if its emilia or the cars 😬

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr47E3UYaFoKU7Mroevt4aQ 

I also used to watch exo back when I was upgrading my Speakers but I'm a bit old for his videos now lol 

https://www.youtube.com/user/EXOcontralto 

For comedy 

Ozzy man reviews is absolutely brilliant 😂 I cant repeat some stuff on here but hes the new generation of sir David attenborough 

https://www.youtube.com/user/ozzymanreviews

And you may like 

Sir Steve Timothy

https://www.youtube.com/user/westie3435 

If your a gaming fan this guy is also funny 

https://www.youtube.com/user/Robbaz 

I just can't get into YouTube for leisure myself.  Possibly because I don't have a SmartTV so would have to watch it on a tiny phone screen or a slightly uncomfortable laptop with a short battery life!

I do use it for 'maintenance' though...just this week I found a video on swapping the door hinge to the opposite side on my fridge freezer for example. 

Having said that, I do keep up with R23OWL after @zain611 suggested it.  Partly for the nostalgia as he's got a performance blue ST150 on grey alloys like I used to! :laugh: 

On 3/21/2020 at 4:16 PM, Jim H said:

In this current climate/situation, I thought it might be a good idea to see which YouTube channels people like to watch.

I almost started a thread like this a while ago, I rarely bother with TV and I don't use a streaming service.
Most nights after work I'll browse my Subscriptions page and create a Watch Later list on the PC,
Then I can go straight to the TV App and start the Playlist.

I'll pop in some of my favorites later once I group them up (Cars, Photography, Tech, Military and News/Politics).

Noticed you like Photography and are in Yorkshire (like me), do you do any Photo/Video yourself?

On 3/25/2020 at 7:45 PM, RAIDER32 said:

Noticed you like Photography and are in Yorkshire (like me), do you do any Photo/Video yourself?

I am not a photographer, I don't have the skills to be one, but I'm just interested in camera equipment, and admire other peoples photos.

Yep, I'm in Yorkshire. I live in the North part of North Yorkshire, near Middlesbrough.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club