Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford focus 1.6 tdci

Kevin2021

I have a 2009 Ford focus 1.6 tdci 

Recently had an engine swap and worked out perfect until "engine malfunction light" came on on the dash and car is now in limp mode there have been no faults found on the delphi diagnostic computer but the light stays on constantly 

I've been advised it could be the fuel filter that was installed when the new engine was put in but I'm not too good with cars 

I've trolled the Internet and a friend told me to try here as there is a wealth of knowledge 

Thanks for your help 

13 hours ago, Kevin2021 said:

I have a 2009 Ford focus 1.6 tdci 

Recently had an engine swap and worked out perfect until "engine malfunction light" came on on the dash and car is now in limp mode there have been no faults found on the delphi diagnostic computer but the light stays on constantly 

I've been advised it could be the fuel filter that was installed when the new engine was put in but I'm not too good with cars 

I've trolled the Internet and a friend told me to try here as there is a wealth of knowledge 

Thanks for your help 

Hi Kevin.  Yes, try changing the fuel filter first, could be a quick cheap fix.  I'm not familiar with that diagnostic computer but if its a generic one it may well miss ford specific fault codes.  Forscan is free to download, you just need a laptop/mobile and elm27 usb/bluetooth connection and it will pick up all the codes for sure.   :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

I'll give it a go and keep you posted thanks for your help 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club