Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where is door open sensor mk6 and tips adjusting hinges.

KrisT

Hey, I changed my drivers door yesterday.

SwnycTB.jpg&key=950d56876c6b0f2934197962JmO4sv2.jpg&key=e087fdbbd4eaf9e14886bc58

But the door open sensor is playing up, sometimes it wont go out sometimes it would.

Additionally I need to adjust the hinges, I tried opening the hinge screw and lifting the door up as much as I could and prop it under a tire then tightening the screws, but not quite perfect yet. Was wondering any other tips regards adjusting the door.

There's a microswitch in the door latch module to control the door open warning.  Make sure the door harness is plugged in tightly.  If the latch came as part of the new door then swap yours over from the old door if it was working perfectly before.

Can't really think of anything helpful to add about the door height, really you need two people to get it perfect...but you'll struggle stand 2 metres apart while doing it! :laugh: 

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

There's a microswitch in the door latch module to control the door open warning.  Make sure the door harness is plugged in tightly.  If the latch came as part of the new door then swap yours over from the old door if it was working perfectly before.

Can't really think of anything helpful to add about the door height, really you need two people to get it perfect...but you'll struggle stand 2 metres apart while doing it! :laugh: 

I tried everything I could regards the hinges, loosened them and with car jack lifted the door, still no good, took the door off, pushed hinges as low as possible and still not perfect, I want perfect like my passanger door. Would fitting washers in the hinge studs be too gheto solution? 

2 hours ago, KrisT said:

Would fitting washers in the hinge studs be too gheto solution? 

Washers would wear out, so pointless.

To get a troublesome door to fit you really need brute force! For example if the top of the door is sticking out you need to be brave and force it inwards but holding the bottom out, a shoe trainer stuffed in the bottom to stop it from closing will help and won't damage the body, as for making it higher...I've no idea!

Another thing to consider is....what condition was the donor car in rear end smash/front end smash......Any impact can alter the dimensions/fit of the door.

Can the hinges be completely taken off the doors ? If so then take the hinges off the original door and put on the donor door ?

You need to take clearer/closer pictures of the door fit problem ?

6 hours ago, Ian Lanc said:

To get a troublesome door to fit you really need brute force! For example if the top of the door is sticking out you need to be brave and force it inwards but holding the bottom out, a shoe trainer stuffed in the bottom to stop it from closing will help and won't damage the body, as for making it higher...I've no idea!

Another thing to consider is....what condition was the donor car in rear end smash/front end smash......Any impact can alter the dimensions/fit of the door.

Can the hinges be completely taken off the doors ? If so then take the hinges off the original door and put on the donor door ?

Will do a bit more detailed pictures tomorrow.

I have tried all hinges from original door and donor door, the donor car had not been smashed.

• Like 1

On 4/5/2020 at 4:45 PM, Ian Lanc said:

Hi, made a quick video

https://streamable.com/grb5nf

( I cringe every time, how weird my voice and accent sound)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KrisT said:

Hi, made a quick video

That would annoy me too mate.

Is there any movement for the actual latch on the body, if there is then maybe if that is possible a few tweeks rotating it ?

Also fully take off the latch and see how the door closes up without the latch fitted.

I think everyone hates their own voice on camera! :laugh: 

You should be able to move the latch slightly as above. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club