Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Led/halo foglights

jack the mac

Hi all,

I have a Mondeo MK3 Ghia X 2006 and am changing the fog lights.

I have fettled the existing lights as couldn’t stand the hassle of removing and replacing them. (Long boring story !).

I have removed the glass, filled the rebate of the surround, painted satin black and needed a unit with its own lens that would fit the 3” hole left.

The led unit that I found fitted the bill, (I would have been quite happily gone for normal fog light units, but could not find any that fit).

I am not an auto electrician and need advice, help to connect them to my existing fog lamp loom.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

jack

• 2 weeks later...

Is there no one on this forum that can help me ?

I think I might have to remove the headlight lenses again to properly clean the inside surfaces plus touch up an edge that I must have missed when giving them black eyes. If I do, I will fit Halo’s that will also require wiring in conjunction with the Halo’s on my fogs.

I would prefer these to be wired together on a separate switched circuit rather than into the side lights.

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated 

jack

How many wires are on your LED lights?  It should just be power and earth on the standard fogs I think?  No CANBUS on the Mk3 Mondeo fogs as far as I'm aware so no issue using LEDs.

The Halo's will need to be wired into the cabin if you want them switched separately, just take a feed from something like the rear wiper, unless you want them perm live to use with the ignition off.

Thanks Tom,

I have two wires from the LED, which I presume is connected to my existing fog lamp wiring.

Two wires from the Halo and like you say, take a feed from a live and create a circuit with a switch and then earth.

Again, thanks for your reply and advice.

Regards,

Jack.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club