Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Central locking! door open light stays on

Danny2626

I have a Ford Fiesta 2009 1.4 tdci the door ajar light stays on for the passenger door. The switch in the lock is broken common fault apparently. Is there a wire I can disconnect where the wires run from dash into passenger the door? As there are many wires so one must control the door ajar to tell the car the doors always shut? Because as you know I can’t lock the car because of this reason!! Can’t find the wiring details anywhere! I know there’s many colours as I’ve had a look by taking the rubber cover off and investigated the wires thinking one may be loose but no joy! Thanks for your help

Hi not much help as I did this years ago on my last feista. It always said passenger door open. I ended up earthing 1 of the wires from the door. There was load of wires that went from the door to the car. I just tested every one until the light went off. The only problem I had was because the car never knew the door was open or closed the car would self lock but it was only on 1 door. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club