Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Sync 3 Map Update updates BUT doesn't update!

Steveie d

'm waiting for a call back. My sync 3 up date said sync not compatible with my 2017 ford exployer. my # is 410-971-5354.

• 3 months later...

Not sure if this problem is answered here or not. I recently up dated the software to Sync 3.4 and uploaded the .xml file to Ford. That went OK. I then updated the map to version F10.That all appeared to be OK. The problem is I don't seem to be able to upload the .xml file to complete. If not will try Ford help desk.

No need to upload the .xml to the Ford site after the map update. The car will do it "Over The Air" using it's modem/telemetry. It can take 3 or 4 days before the Ford site shows the update status.

Thanks for that but updated a couple of weeks ago and it still only offers me to download the maps again and still can't upload the .xml file. Not sure if the .xml file is corrupted.

Use the troubleshooting section on the ford website to download just the logger utility and generate a new XML

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club