Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2011 Diesel misfire

Sacul

Hi,
I have a 2011 1.6 Diesel C MAX Titanium. It has done just over 20k miles.

I broke down a while back and had a diagnostics of "high to low on cylinder 2" took it to a garage where they changed injector 2. After that I broke down again with diagnostics "high to low on cylinder 3". I had a different mechanic take a look and found that the earth was bad and the wires to the injectors needed sorting out. After that the car drove better than ever but every time I go up a hill at about 70-80 I get a little misfire/hesitation then it pulls like normal. I took it back to the mechanic who checked all the wires again and did live data while going up a hill, it did what I said but there is no fault on the live data. Seemingly the car is "perfect". Injector 3 has also been changed incase that was the problem but no luck. It's got a new fuel filter aswel and fuel pressure is perfect. Has anyone come across this problem or have any ideas what it might be.

Thanks guys! 

The injectors are a problem on the 1.6  plenty of posts about them a search will find lots.

We did initially think the same but would they start to fault at 20k miles? I found alot of problems in the 1.8 and a faulty batch of injectors which caused a problem but not so many issues in the 1.6. 

The 8 valve 1.6 TDCi uses modern Piezo injectors which do wear out quickly.  Many were changed under warranty on early cars so to get 20k out of them isn't that bad...

20k on an 11 plate is super low though.  Do you spend a lot of time idling in town traffic or just rarely take the car out?  The injectors may have done a lot more work than the low mileage suggests!

I bought the car at 14k miles about 6 months ago. 3 times a week it does a 70 mile round trip. I'm unsure of its first 14k though

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club