Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Make Blowoff valve louder?

Adam Wilson

I know this is very boy racer-ish of me but im wondering if i could make the blow off valve louder? maybe by fitting a free-er flowing air filter?

On 7/17/2020 at 11:40 PM, Luke4efc said:

What engine is it?

Its the 1.0L Ecoboost 100hp

51 minutes ago, Adam Wilson said:

Its the 1.0L Ecoboost 100hp

20200720_115736.jpg.c682abb1b6cf08b08773053e9a262a2e.jpg

The only way to increase the noise is to increase the pressure by creating more boost; recapping might help or a bigger turbo, although these days everything is designed to be more efficient with variable vain turbos there designed to reduce any excess boost which is the beginning of extinction for the blow off valve,

You could fit a Saber electronic dump valve, 

The 1.0 EB uses a recirc valve as standard so not much noise.  You could fit an atmospheric valve instead, I'm sure Forge sell generic ones that fit the 1.0EB.

Lots of people fit the Turbosmart recirc valve to the 1.0EB but as it's still recirc, you don't much more noise from that.

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

The 1.0 EB uses a recirc valve as standard so not much noise.  You could fit an atmospheric valve instead, I'm sure Forge sell generic ones that fit the 1.0EB.

Lots of people fit the Turbosmart recirc valve to the 1.0EB but as it's still recirc, you don't much more noise from that.

as in forge motorsport? ve had a quick look and the only do a hard pipe and a de-resonator pipe for the mk8

1 hour ago, Adam Wilson said:

as in forge motorsport? ve had a quick look and the only do a hard pipe and a de-resonator pipe for the mk8

Yeah, they don't sell a specific one but I think one of the generic ones fits.  Didn't realise yours was Mk8 though, not sure if they're different to Mk7. :unsure:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club