Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus wheel nut key location

Tom7891

Hi, I'm struggling to find my wheel nut key in my focus 67 plate.

I've searched the obvious places: glove compartment, center console, under floor of boot, backs of seats and I can't find it. I'm starting to wonder if the dealer forgot to provide it.

Does anyone know of any obscure locations? Thanks for any help.

Should be in the foam packaging around the spare wheel 

Mine was in a plastic bag along with some of the manuals in the glove box. (Used car)

Like Sussamb said otherwise they fit snugly into the foam spare wheel hub so they don't rattle around.

Well worth recording the key number in your log book or service book somewhere, I've had to order a new one twice on previous cars when I didn't put them away after working on the car. They always turn up eventually, but when you need a wheel off you need them!

My advice is ditch the locking wheel nuts and just use regular lug nuts. Nobody steals wheels anymore unless they're worth mega bucks (standard Ford ones are worth penny's really). It's much easier to steal the whole car than try and discreetly remove 4 wheels lol.

13 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

My advice is ditch the locking wheel nuts and just use regular lug nuts. Nobody steals wheels anymore unless they're worth mega bucks (standard Ford ones are worth penny's really). It's much easier to steal the whole car than try and discreetly remove 4 wheels lol.

That's a good point, everyone assumes alloys will be protected by locking nuts so only a really determined thief would even bother looking. When I've just had a new set of tyres I admit to being aware of how much it would cost if some ***** nicked the lot. Can't say I've ever worried about the wheels otherwise. On the other hand if I had to park on a dodgy estate I'd definately keep lockers on, they may not be mega bucks but to a ***** trying to get his wreck on the road a set of wheels and tyres is a good few weeks dole. 

It's not what the wheels are worth as wheels, it's what they are worth in scrap, that's why they get nicked, keep your locking wheel nut in place 'cos if you replace it with standard ones and the wheels go walkies your insurance Co won't pay out. Locking wheel nut key as said is normally in a round hole in the spare wheel/tool kit foam but the hole is deep and it might be right at the bottom.

Alloy wheels aren't worth stealing to scrap.  They're literally only about a fiver each.  Plus you've got to waste a grinding disc cutting the tyres off and then drive out of your way to fly tip those down a country lane somewhere.  Lot of time and effort for £20!

Wheels get stolen to order nowadays, the thieves know exactly what they're after, generally rare optional extras but there are a few valuable standards as well.  If it's just got the Titanium 16s on I wouldn't be fussed, but if it's the app pack 2 Y spoke 18s I'd be a bit careful leaving lockers off those!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club