Do Not Sell My Personal Information

headlight deflectors?

Phattbooy75

hi anyone know if the LED headlights on the puma st line x need deflectors to drive in France? If so where do they?

Thanks Becky

In the dash menu you can select the light bias for Continental driving.
This will set the lens shutters to aim at the right hand side of the road.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

In the dash menu you can select the light bias for continental driving.
This will set the lens shutters to aim at the right hand side of the road.

Cool Hillbilly headlights, 

Where they veer off to the side 

HI GUYS - HAVE TRIED THE DASH MENU AND CANT FIND - UNDER LIGHTING JUST GIVES THE OPTION TO DELAY BEAM - MIGHT BE LOOKING IN THE WRONG PLACE - ANY CHANCE YOOU KNOW WHERE TO FIND IT?

THANKS

Probably only if you've got adaptive headlights.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Does anybody have an update on this? I have exactly the same issue, and it seems neither my dealer (looking through their knowledgebase), Ford customer services (through their online chat) nor the makers of Eurolites (whose deflectors I've used for years on other cars) can help. Does anybody have any suggestions - I go away on Friday!

Edited by nedludd
to make sense...

40 minutes ago, nedludd said:

Hi

Does anybody have an update on this? I have exactly the same issue, and it seems neither my dealer (looking through their knowledgebase), Ford customer services (through their online chat) nor the makers of Eurolites (whose deflectors I've used for years on other cars) can help. Does anybody have any suggestions - I go away on Friday!

The UK models don't have the adaptive LED's they are fixed, so, you won't find the required menu item.

I don’t know if this is clear or not but this is what Etis says 

5398F4DE-480A-4255-9119-7C4A802C0E0B.thumb.jpeg.f15745ed6b59eb062813664c25e6f87a.jpeg

11 hours ago, Gaz0000000 said:

I don’t know if this is clear or not but this is what Etis says 

5398F4DE-480A-4255-9119-7C4A802C0E0B.thumb.jpeg.f15745ed6b59eb062813664c25e6f87a.jpeg

Thanks! Where did you get that?

13 hours ago, nedludd said:

Does anybody have any suggestions - I go away on Friday!

Only drive in daylight?

That screenshot is from ETIS, it's Ford's own database that your dealer should've checked!  It seems to be worded strangely though, as you could interpret it as 'not necessary for all, but necessary for some'! :unsure: 

Personally I'd check your actual lights against a wall or garage door or something.  I suspect they have no beam kick-up (just flat across the top) so will not blind other drivers so not require deflectors.

Thanks. I've tried to get into ETIS but apparently its restricted. Could anybody with access get that specific page if I send them the reg? Hopefully if the system knows the vehicle it would advise for the specific headlamp type...

What the H***... PJ20 JVY

Edited by nedludd

1 minute ago, nedludd said:

Thanks. I've tried to get into ETIS but apparently its restricted. Could anybody with access get that specific page if I send them the reg? Hopefully if the system knows the vehicle it would advise for the specific headlamp type...

It's not quite that 'smart' unfortunately.  That's just a general procedure for 2020 Puma's, not specific to an individual car.  Most of us have basic access to ETIS, but that section is part of the paid for subscription so not something I can access I'm afraid. 

I really would just check for a beam kick-up on your lights - if there is one, it'll blind people and need some sort of alteration, if there isn't, you're good to go!  Much safer than relying on computer systems and Ford service assistants...

I can't see an uptick on the inside of the garage door... guess I just don't feel confident without some sort of "official" confirmation...

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club