Do Not Sell My Personal Information

amber warning light

kw999

hi there, i had a new clutch fitted to my 2012 ranger limited last week because the truck was jerking when changing gear, all seemed to be fine until i picked up the truck and noticed the amber engine light was permanently on, i took the truck back to the garage who plugged it into a code reader and said it was an emissions fault which had nothing to do with the clutch changing, i explained the light wasn't on before and they advised me to have a long run in the truck and this would clear light, is this correct or am i being fobbed off, many thanks

Try what the garage said and if the lamp still stays on then they've fobbed you off. Get that garage statement in writing, if anything goes bang when you're having that 'long run' then they will have to put it right.

thanks for your reply, its so easy for them to say its nothing to do with the clutch changing but the light wasn't on when i took the ranger there, ive just got back from quite a long run at average 70 mph and light is still on. i will have to go back tuesday. i understand it could be a coincidence but something doesn't seem right.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club