Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 Ford Fiesta 1.0 eco boost plastic interior dome

lordyb

Hi, can anyone tell me what this might be?

It's on the top of the dashboard on my 2014 Ford Fiesta 1.0 eco boost.

Thanks. 33f601533a00ad52f28752514674dad0.jpg&key=050e194a3799f894677806ef796904ea3a1b99f004cef7a87ede794fafe7098bc2e8e627bf949662a78ce3724c6e4052.jpg&key=c767d9502d79d4cde63ac1e8cad34242828208a8fe5ddcdb15498dd7b75bdb52

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Isn't it a light sensor for such things as auto headlights?

2 hours ago, Mavroz said:

Isn't it a light sensor for such things as auto headlights?

None of my three Ecoboost Fiestas has had auto headlights but they have all had that little black dome.

Sun load sensor for the auto climate control.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

It is a sun load sensor for climate BUT it's also used for dash dimming on these, and on the Mk8 it's used for auto lights on models that don't have the auto light/wiper/mirror package. :smile: 

Edit - Did any of us read the OP properly?  Mentions Focus several times, and it posted in the Focus forum, but that's clearly a Fiesta... :laugh: 

12 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:
It is a sun load sensor for climate BUT it's also used for dash dimming on these, and on the Mk8 it's used for auto lights on models that don't have the auto light/wiper/mirror package. [emoji2] 
Edit - Did any of us read the OP properly?  Mentions Focus several times, and it posted in the Focus forum, but that's clearly a Fiesta... [emoji23] 

Alrite Tom, chill. Mistakes happen.

Can't figure out where the modify section is in Tapatalk, so haven't managed to fix the mistake.

Hi, can anyone tell me what this might be?

It's on the top of the dashboard on my 2014 Ford Focus 1.0 eco boost.

Thanks. 33f601533a00ad52f28752514674dad0.jpg&key=050e194a3799f894677806ef796904ea3a1b99f004cef7a87ede794fafe7098bc2e8e627bf949662a78ce3724c6e4052.jpg&key=c767d9502d79d4cde63ac1e8cad34242828208a8fe5ddcdb15498dd7b75bdb52

My bad, it's a Ford Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost.

Just now, lordyb said:

Alrite Tim, chill. Mistakes happen.

Can't figure out where the modify section is in Tapatalk, so haven't managed to fix the mistake.

The Mk3 Focus doesn't have the dome, hence pointing it out. :smile: 

Someone's moved it to the correct section for you.  If you still want to edit it, there should be an edit button at the bottom of your post next to the quote button.

2 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

The Mk3 Focus doesn't have the dome, hence pointing it out. :smile: 

Someone's moved it to the correct section for you.  If you still want to edit it, there should be an edit button at the bottom of your post next to the quote button.

I seem to be able to edit all my posts within this topic, but it doesn't give me the option to edit the original post. Annoying.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, lordyb said:

I seem to be able to edit all my posts within this topic, but it doesn't give me the option to edit the original post. Annoying.

Weird!  I don't use Tapatalk myself.

Anyway, the answer I gave above was correct.  If you put your hand over it, the dash should dim.  I don't think it'll do anything else on a ZS unless climate was selected as an optional extra.

Post and title edited for clarity.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

It is a sun load sensor for climate BUT it's also used for dash dimming on these, and on the Mk8 it's used for auto lights on models that don't have the auto light/wiper/mirror package. :smile: 

Edit - Did any of us read the OP properly?  Mentions Focus several times, and it posted in the Focus forum, but that's clearly a Fiesta... :laugh: 

Our Mk8's don't have this on the front of the dash at all. Our Mk8's have fully auto everything, climate control etc etc though.

13 minutes ago, Mavroz said:

Our Mk8's don't have this on the front of the dash at all. Our Mk8's have fully auto everything, climate control etc etc though.

Hmm, do you have the B&O speaker on the dash?  It's hidden behind that if so.  It's more square than domed on the Mk8, can just about see it here.   (Click it for full res image, forum compression lol).

Picture 1 of 8

Picture 2 of 8

• Like 1

Nope the trapezoid covering is there, not sure what it is for but not the round item on it. It is the same on both, one is 18 and the other 69 plate St line X.

Edit....  I see what you are talking about now. Yes there is a squarer shaped dome at the front of this, nearer the windscreen. Got it. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club