Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Driver window one click close not working

FezMan

Another day another problem..

Just been out this morning and noticed when it came to closing the drivers window with the one flick of the switch it does not go up on its own. 

opening the window using it works fine, and all of the other windows also both open and close just fine

if I manually hold the button to close the drivers window, if I don't let go just before the window closes it automatically opens back up about 80% of the way

Not sure if this could maybe be a battery issue or if the window thinks there is something maybe lodged between the door and the window?

I remember from reading the manual there's a button combination to enable/disable the one click open/close for each window. You could try that and see if it helps?

39 minutes ago, Pirnie said:

I remember from reading the manual there's a button combination to enable/disable the one click open/close for each window. You could try that and see if it helps?

Eventually found a YouTube video showing this, you open the window fully, let go of the button, then press it to open it again (even though already open) and hold for 5 seconds. Then close the window, release, close again but hold for 5 seconds and release, and then this apparently resets it

the problem with this is that I couldn't close the window as it kept bouncing back open when it was closed

The good news however is when I went back out to try and fix it and repeatedly opened/closed the window a few times it seems to have fixed itself, fords official video does say that there could be a low battery which again could relate to my start/stop not working much/if at all, ive had the car a week now so im not sure how much driving im supposed to do to get it charged again...working from home isn't helping!

Or my other thought is that some very small piece of grit or something was stuck between the window and the door and has now dislodged itself 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club