Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk4 Focus Revised Specs, Limited Engine Choice & Cost Cutting

GarthD

Though it would be good to have a thread to chart the spec changes so people can check any assumptions before they start looking. Dealers aren't always up to speed and some things disappear/change without you being aware of it.

My PCP is up for renewal next year and I'd usually be looking at an auto Focus. However it seems the 1.5 150/182 was done away with a while back due in part to Bridgend closing. Now there's not much choice for autos - a 1.0 155PS has been put in to fill the 150/182PS gap (only with a manual though). Currently the only options for an auto seem to be the 1.0 125PS or a couple of diesel engines! Does anyone know if there are plans for an auto to go in the 150/182PS petrol range? Are Ford planning a 1.0 155 or new 2.0 hybrid to fill that gap? Maybe they just don't have the demand for autos and it saves costs...

Independent/Multi-link rear suspension

The Sept 2020 brochure now lists multi-link is now only offered on: All Estates, all Vignale Edition, Active X Vignale Edition & all ST models (seems to linked to what model you choose, and not linked to what engine you choose now).

I'm guessing they partly also want to push people into more "profitable" cars in the range e.g. Kuga?

Been since May 2019, only vignale , active , estates . ST have multi link . I ordered my STX 1.5L in July 19 fully expecting independent rear suspension. Found out weeks before delivery they’d dropped it. Still drives well. I’d go as far to say it’s a pleasure to drive.. but , I asked ford uk if there was no difference between torsion beam and IRS why have they kept it in Vignale and Active and not in other high spec models ie STX 1.5 ...they couldn’t answer that . I have their response saved somewhere. Pri*ks 

• Haha 1

I’d say you’ll probably get an auto version of the 155 mild hybrid eventually. But it’s a transitional period for all manufacturers. VW already have a full range of electrics , ford will be trying to keep up. I have a 182 auto. Auto is a necessity for me. 

I ask on FB every now and then and Ford always reply "no plans announced for a full Focus hybrid" which could mean anything.

I'm 16 months into a 38 month term on my 182 auto.  The car is actually really nice to drive so I guess I'll keep it til near the end and if Ford haven't sorted themselves out I'll go pcp/lease a nice Corolla 2.0 hybrid.

I think the multi-link is offered on all Diesels too? Could be wrong on that though.

23 hours ago, Frowma said:

I think the multi-link is offered on all Diesels too? Could be wrong on that though.

AFAIK Multi Link is standard on ALL 2.0 Diesel and all Estates

On 10/8/2020 at 7:20 AM, Guy Heaton said:

I ask on FB every now and then and Ford always reply "no plans announced for a full Focus hybrid" which could mean anything.

I'm 16 months into a 38 month term on my 182 auto.  The car is actually really nice to drive so I guess I'll keep it til near the end and if Ford haven't sorted themselves out I'll go pcp/lease a nice Corolla 2.0 hybrid.

I feel exactly the same 👍

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club