Do Not Sell My Personal Information

68 plate new shape focus bonnet stuck!

Ryan200591

On 12/22/2021 at 8:39 PM, stroppy said:

I had this issue on my 68 plate this morning .. and this was the only source of useful info I could find anywhere .. so thanks Ford owners club community !

I ended up doing the procedure from the owners manual for when you can't open the left hand door .. and I'm afraid I don't quite understand how having the left hand door shut would stop the bonnet release from working .. but there you go!

I removed the bonnet release handle (and trim around it) and found that the plastic fixing at the end of the cable sheath hand separated from the cable sheath, and the whole thing had fallen out of the mount which holds the cable sheath. Pushing this back in place lets the bonnet open as usual .. but I don't know how long its going to be before it gets out of place again.

Just in-case its of use to anyone .. here is what the bonnet release handle mechanism looks like (my phone is a bit rubbish .. sorry)

IMG_20211222_120610232.jpg

Saw

So my cable sheathhas come out of its slot. Tried all sorts of contortionist methods but can't reseat. The handle feels like it's going to snap when I try to remove it allow better access.. Any tips please

10 hours ago, MaggieMay said:

So my cable sheathhas come out of its slot. Tried all sorts of contortionist methods but can't reseat. The handle feels like it's going to snap when I try to remove it allow better access.. Any tips please

Will it not go back in at all?  Or does it go in ok but then pop straight out again?

On 1/4/2024 at 10:16 AM, TomsFocus said:

Will it not go back in at all?  Or does it go in ok but then pop straight out again?

Hi Tom, it goes back in the 'restraining slot' but pops out when bonnet I pull the handle. I have to keep my finger on pushing it into slot, then it pops bonnet. I did originally pull it out of slot so I could manually tug the cable to open the bonnet as catch was not accessible due to door being locked shut.. Now it seems to no longer stay in position. 

On 12/22/2021 at 8:39 PM, stroppy said:

I had this issue on my 68 plate this morning .. and this was the only source of useful info I could find anywhere .. so thanks Ford owners club community !

I ended up doing the procedure from the owners manual for when you can't open the left hand door .. and I'm afraid I don't quite understand how having the left hand door shut would stop the bonnet release from working .. but there you go!

I removed the bonnet release handle (and trim around it) and found that the plastic fixing at the end of the cable sheath hand separated from the cable sheath, and the whole thing had fallen out of the mount which holds the cable sheath. Pushing this back in place lets the bonnet open as usual .. but I don't know how long its going to be before it gets out of place again.

Just in-case its of use to anyone .. here is what the bonnet release handle mechanism looks like (my phone is a bit rubbish .. sorry)

IMG_20211222_120610232.jpg

Saw

Screenshot_20240105_114852.jpg

Finally sorted. The cable once in the slot needs really pushing into it until. U feel. It click.. Used the side of some long nose pliers... Thanks for all. Advice

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club