Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 ambient lighting question

HumanBeing
聽Share

Hi first post 馃榾 first fiesta 馃榾聽first Ford 馃榾馃榾

Ive just bought a Mk7聽Titanium and I鈥檓 going round fixing the few things that aren鈥檛 working. The ambient light above the glove compartment doesn鈥檛 work. Both footwell lights are fine. My tech suggested I change the led but how do you get to it and change it????

I鈥檓 hoping that this is the right part cos I鈥檝e already bought it...

038FB046-62A8-4C3B-BAD6-7F3AD8E0DD2D.jpeg

Super big thanks 馃檹馃徏

If yours is the MK7 and聽 you are referring to the ambient light which is the two spots on the dome lights,聽 then you bought the wrong one.聽 The leds are not seperate and you must buy the whole console if you want to replace it.

Thanks. It is a 59 plate mk7 but I鈥檓 not talking about the spots on the dome lights. I don鈥檛 have those.聽It鈥檚 the light above the glovebox. It looks like the attached picture but I don鈥檛 know how to get to and disconnect/connect the led.

20FF7104-7A90-42EE-8345-4CC2A9965387.jpeg

That鈥檚 from a mk7.5 from 2012 onwards. You car won鈥檛 have them unless someone added them, they may not be wired up.

Very strange. Car definitely has them and is completely stock otherwise. Anyhow, it turns out access is easy by dropping the glovebox聽and it鈥檚 replaced now. Thanks for all your help.

I am guessing you already took out the led bar.聽 In that case,聽 you just need to align the light module with the led bar.聽 There is a notch on the led bar which corresponds to the notch on the module.聽 Once it is aligned,聽 put a little pressure to make sure they are coupled properly.聽 You need to do this once you insert the led bar into the original position and make sure all the tabs click into position.聽 It is not very difficult,聽 but is quite a challenge trying to get the notches to align properly while avoiding too much pressure in case you break the ends of the led bar.聽 Best to open up the whole glovebox (not just open it as per usual position but press the sides so that you can slide the glovebox all the way down) so you can use a flashlight to see it.聽 Good luck and sorry about the misunderstanding on the dome light ambient leds.

• 1 month later...

where did you get the replacement led light from mines has recently stopped working .聽 聽thanks

I'm looking for this too, and perhaps in a different colour instead of red!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club