Do Not Sell My Personal Information

new car ordered

bob ramsden

waiting for for new car wont be this month because off lock down does the fiests hybrid 125 titanium have a accessories socket fitted for a dash cam etc

It should have a lighter socket, although I would recommend hardwiring a dash cam

unable to do that because it,s a motability car that,s why i have to use a lighter socket

hope it will middle next month and this lock down as ended because you can,t come face to face with a salesman at the moment to give you a run through how thing work and at 79 yrs not into all modern technology

Should have a 12V socket local(aka cigarette lighter power socket) and a couple of USB sockets.

3 hours ago, bob ramsden said:

waiting for for new car wont be this month because off lock down does the fiests hybrid 125 titanium have a accessories socket fitted for a dash cam etc

Yes it does. 

1 hour ago, st line x 140 driver said:

Should have a 12V socket local(aka cigarette lighter power socket) and a couple of USB sockets.

Absolutely correct. 

Ours new Fiesta was ordered 2 weeks ago and the car is due to be delivered to the dealership 22nd December.... we had a phonecall on Thursday from the dealership saying everything is still progressing as normal.... I guess that means Germany too. 👍🏻

Our local Ford dealers are closed until 2nd December.   Who knows what will happen then.

Just now, Bobr said:

Our local Ford dealers are closed until 2nd December.   Who knows what will happen then.

Yeah, ours are closed apart from the service dept and a skeleton showroom staffing but manufacturing here and abroad is still in process...

The company I work for, the showrooms are closed but they do offer click and collect from dealership carpark or home delivery. 

Yeah, I doubt we will be in lockdown after 2nd December but the way the government chop and change you never know. I am sure if we are there will be no issue whatsoever collecting it from the dealer.

4 hours ago, bob ramsden said:

unable to do that because it,s a motability car that,s why i have to use a lighter socket

when i say hard wire it, i mean have it so that the positive for the dashcam is run of a fuse splitter in the fuse box like i have mine running parallel with the fuse for the dashCarmotion 1 PC Fuse Splitter 12/24v 2 X Blade Mini Bypass ATO ATC for sale  online | eBay

• Like 2

I wouldn't have a idea how to do anything like that

you can get kits, it isn't very complicated, and if you get a kit for a nextbase for instance the instructions making it so that even someone who has never touch a component on a car could fit it and also there are plenty of posts on here about how to do it

55 minutes ago, bob ramsden said:

I wouldn't have a idea how to do anything like that

If you buy your dash cam from Halfords they will hard wire it for you for a small fee.  They did mine very well.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bob ramsden said:

If your buying a £20,000 car have the Ford dealer fit the dashcam

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Got my dashcam fitted at Halfords, I know it was probably easy but they did it well and it looks great.

Only problem was the decontamination procedure, which I fully understand has to be done

When you arrive put heater on full blast for 4 mins

Then they put this aerosol container in your car.....***** ell, smelt like Holby general for 2 days after, all gone now though.

£35 quid for installation  they also honour discount vouchers.

That sounds okay thank you

Where I bought my car Bristol St Motors, they have said although showroom is closed  they will still repair your car, or if you already ordered a car you can collect it, throughout the lockdown

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club