Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2020 model year LED bulbs

sparkymatt

Do the LED Bulbs fitted to the 2020 Fiesta's standard projector headlamps, fit 2019 projector headlamps?

My mate has a 2019 fiesta with projector headlamps and would like to fit original LED Bulbs as fitted to my 2020 model.

Does anyone know the part number and how much they cost?

Matt

Do you mean these:

If so i dont think its possible. wiring looms different switch different need sensors for automatic light leveling. If it is possible would cost at least £1k in bits before fitting.

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

The newer ones have LED headlights in the projector housings, so not the same as the first picture but still LED low beam.

I couldn’t say if you can just stick an LED bulb into an older version though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have put LED bulbs in my projector headlights. I got them from CEUK

As have I, and they work well.

• Like 1

I have the LED Bulbs in the standard projector headlamps, not the full LED lamps as in the pic above. My mate has the same standard headlamps but with halogen bulbs.

He did look at CEUK but thought they were quite expensive so wanted to know if the standard LED Bulbs that Ford now use would fit as the headlamps are the same, or is it more involved.

• Like 1

I’d be curious about this too, but I don’t have an answer I’m afraid!

I would of thought if the bulb has the same fitting it will work as a straight swap. As most bulbs are retrofit buy it and it it doesn't work get refund.

I think this would be more expensive than we imagine. The bulbs are “sealed” into the unit so unlike in the halogen setup where you have a rubber cover you take off, this is not the case with the led projector variant. I imagine the bulb unit itself is fairly cheap but as it is sealed in, it almost certainly won’t be available as a stand-alone and you’d have to buy the headlight unit itself.

I’d invest in a pair of autobeam ones and get them fitted. I had a set myself and was quite happy. Wait around until discount codes are active. More often than not there’s at least 10% sales on or even 25% for special occasions. With Black Friday around the corner, my guess would be there’ll be some discounts then

• Like 2

I think this would be more expensive than we imagine. The bulbs are “sealed” into the unit so unlike in the halogen setup where you have a rubber cover you take off, this is not the case with the led projector variant. I imagine the bulb unit itself is fairly cheap but as it is sealed in, it almost certainly won’t be available as a stand-alone and you’d have to buy the headlight unit itself.
I’d invest in a pair of autobeam ones and get them fitted. I had a set myself and was quite happy. Wait around until discount codes are active. More often than not there’s at least 10% sales on or even 25% for special occasions. With Black Friday around the corner, my guess would be there’ll be some discounts then

That’s the kind of answer we needed! [emoji4]

• Like 1

Using the Autobeam dipped and full beam LEDs in my 2015 ST and they are great. AB30 is giving 30% off right now.

is swapping from halogen to LED Bulbs road legal without changing the housing? and are they better at lighting the road as the halogen 150%+ bulbs currently available?

edit:

their website gave me my answer

Packaging type may vary. These LED bulbs do not have ECE approval, and as such their usage is currently not approved for use on public roads: their usage is limited to ‘off-road’ applications. 

Edited by cjay1

7 hours ago, cjay1 said:

is swapping from halogen to led bulbs road legal without changing the housing? and are they better at lighting the road as the halogen 150%+ bulbs currently available?

edit:

their website gave me my answer

Putting an LED or a HID is currently illegal if put into a halogen housing. That’s the official standing anyway. If you have a projector housing, it’s less “obvious” that it’s an aftermarket mod and i don’t think a tonne of MOT testers would fail it just for this alone. It’s a very common mod but you’re always taking a risk you might need to revert back. 

Is it better than a 150%+ halogen? Hard to say as a lot of it is to do with how you “see” it. When I had mine, I didn’t think the beam reached any further. I did think it was a bit brighter than a standard halogen - I think quite a lot of the “upgraded” halogens are a bit of a con for the price difference with marginal difference. If you’re to pay £20-30 for a premium halogen, you might as well go Autobeam Led with a sale, spend £50-£60 and see how you feel. 

• 4 months later...

Edit : For some reason I completely overlooked DG97 post, but yeah as they say. In case it helps anyone the LED projectors are sealed in the healight unit.

Just to bump an old thread, with led projectors from the factory, the housing that contains the led bulb is now fully sealed, as in you can’t get to the bulb as far as I can tell. 

on my headlights, you have the access to the indicator bulbs, then you have a rubber cover you can remove to get to the high beam, and finally the low beam is just a fully sealed plastic housing, no access.

I’ll try and grab a pic.

I've uploaded 2 pics, one is the high beam with the rubber cover to access the bulb. The other is the sealed housing for the LED projector. So presumably if an LED bulb low beam fails, it's a new headlight unit to fix it.

IMG_0564.jpeg

IMG_0565.jpeg

• Like 1

Evening all,

Just as an extra to all this  - if you look up the YouTube channel R23SPK the guy on there has a video showing how to fit LED Bulbs into the standard mk8 halogen housing. Might be another option...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club