Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Adding auto lights

Hellboy

Hi all,

I have a 2015 Mk3.5 focus. Its only the zetec so no auto lights.

Removing the black surround I found this under there

20201126_164607.jpg

No googling the number tells me its a rain sensor module. I have no actual sensor in place but I seem to have this module. I had found a document on that has the same module but this is listed as a gps module? My car doesn't have a sat nav for gps. So quite confused.

Is it as easy just to add a sensor and a switch and happy days? Will it also work with the auto wipers?

Any help would be great.

Many thanks

I'd be shocked if all you had to do was add a sensor and switch - it's a Ford, they don't make mods easy. Looking forward to someone sensible posting an answer...

3 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

I'd be shocked if all you had to do was add a sensor and switch - it's a Ford, they don't make mods easy. Looking forward to someone sensible posting an answer...

I did think that but you never know.

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32849883104.html?spm=2114.12010615.8148356.16.62f25362fJtYsF

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32847245436.html?spm=2114.12010615.8148356.63.afa976abNV9UN7

~2106456.pdf

ford make upgrading by far the easiest of any manu I ever seen.

in the picture you share I can see the wires to the sensor, so why do you think its not there ???

are you sure you don't have A on the light switch already?  it might be as easy as fit an auto light switch and tick a box in the config on the gem..

• Like 1

In my case there were no wires. Bought used rain sensor and use this wires from aliexpress. Connect together with sensor and BCM, then use a Forscan to switch option:"with rain sensor". Works great.  

• Like 1

I have one of these fitted to my car. When I notice it getting dark, I apply a small rotary motion to the switch - works just great! LOL

1103835816_lightswitch.thumb.png.61249ee24ac2fcdfb2843f26657e2fb5.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've got one a bit like that on my car... it has "Auto" and I've never touched the switch in 5 years of owning the car (at night the lights are magically just on)
another bit on the bottom left - lets you dim the dashlights just enough so you can actually see outside - which is nice.

Headlight SWjpg.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club