Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

New Covid vaccine - would you take it?

zain611

11 minutes ago, williamweb said:

Mandatory jabbing on it’s way😬

Personally I don't see that happening.

What I can see happening is that life for folk who CHOOSE not to get jabbed getting difficult. 

Entry into places not yet on the 'Passport Needed For Entry' could be expanded ie pubs, libraries, non-essential shops? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Turvey said:

What I can see happening is that life for folk who CHOOSE not to get jabbed getting difficult. 

Entry into places not yet on the 'Passport Needed For Entry' could be expanded ie pubs, libraries, non-essential shops? 

That'll effect me too, I'm double jabbed with booster and flu shot, but I'm not showing 'papers' in my own country!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Turvey said:

It won’t happen because there  will be mass protests, hopefully.

If as is already happening other countries implement it, Germany, Austria and others in the pipeline, it'll become a worldwide mandatory thing. Tho i cant see the frogs accepting it with their track record, wheel clamps, speed camera's and 99% else their gov tried to introduce, they can get a bit bolshy LOL. We wouldnt need to jab if we 100% closed our borders to all, as ive said before were an island and easier to police than others.

21 minutes ago, JImpster said:

We wouldnt need to jab if we 100% closed our borders to all..

You keep spouting this mantra - so, you intend to close off every ferry crossing, shipping line, Eurotunnel, and airport in the UK?? Yep, I can see that working 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

You keep spouting this mantra - so, you intend to close off every ferry crossing, shipping line, Eurotunnel, and airport in the UK?? Yep, I can see that working 🤣🤣🤣

There would be a lot of empty supermarket  shelves ha ha:Note that I always try to buy British though👍

37 minutes ago, JImpster said:

We wouldnt need to jab if we 100% closed our borders

I agree with your sentiment but in reality it would be impossible, and as both Australia and New Zealand have proven, it still doesn't work 😟

I blame the French !!!

No reason, but then again no reason not too ! 🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, unofix said:

I agree with your sentiment but in reality it would be impossible, and as both Australia and New Zealand have proven, it still doesn't work 😟

I blame the French !!!

No reason, but then again no reason not too ! 🤣

I think China usurps France easily unfortunately ha ha .

Gonna reply to a couple of you in one hit. YES i keep spouting this mantra, YES close borders 100%. Goods can still enter, drivers not allowed out of the cabs, non perishables can sit for 48-72 hours in ventilated warehouses, perishables can be washed. It takes a little extra effort and the will to do it. Send ALL boat people straight back same with hiders on lorries etc. They come here because we are a soft touch, they've come through atleast half a dozen countries to get here, disincentivise the UK. We the UK can and should be self supporting as much as possible. Make our own goods and services, see to our own first, was this not what brexit was primarily about. Goods are all about global supermarkets that regulate the market, how did we as a nation exist before them [retorical question] The bleeding heart liberals hold too much sway, huan rights are a good thing but have gone too far. As an analogy its like the NHS today as againt what its original premise was [life saving care free at the point of delivery] and not the fat bloated nanny corporation it has become. I'll leave it there i could go on.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JImpster said:

Gonna reply to a couple of you in one hit. YES i keep spouting this mantra, YES close borders 100%. Goods can still enter, drivers not allowed out of the cabs, non perishables can sit for 48-72 hours in ventilated warehouses, perishables can be washed. It takes a little extra effort and the will to do it. Send ALL boat people straight back same with hiders on lorries etc. They come here because we are a soft touch, they've come through atleast half a dozen countries to get here, disincentivise the UK. We the UK can and should be self supporting as much as possible. Make our own goods and services, see to our own first, was this not what brexit was primarily about. Goods are all about global supermarkets that regulate the market, how did we as a nation exist before them [retorical question] The bleeding heart liberals hold too much sway, huan rights are a good thing but have gone too far. As an analogy its like the NHS today as againt what its original premise was [life saving care free at the point of delivery] and not the fat bloated nanny corporation it has become. I'll leave it there i could go on.

That’s not closing the borders though ha ha.Think about it for one nano second.Drivers staying in their cabs ha ha, what forever ha ha .How does that work?

3 hours ago, JImpster said:

Goods can still enter, drivers not allowed out of the cabs, non perishables can sit for 48-72 hours in ventilated warehouses, perishables can be washed. It takes a little extra effort and the will to do it.

So, where are all these 'warehouses' coming from then? This country can't even build a straightforward railway line, never mind 1000s of new warehousing with appropriate staff to man them. (baring in mind we don't even have enough drivers as it is to transport goods in the first place - not just us, it's global)

Send ALL boat people straight back same with hiders on lorries etc. They come here because we are a soft touch, they've come through atleast half a dozen countries to get here, disincentivise the UK.

That is an illegal immigration issue, not really Covid related as they are all isolated when landing here.

Make our own goods and services, see to our own first, was this not what brexit was primarily about. Goods are all about global supermarkets that regulate the market, how did we as a nation exist before them [retorical question]

Fabulous, though 'pie in the sky' philosophy. No one is genuinely 'self sufficient', even big superpowers like China and USA still have a healthy import policy.

As an analogy its like the NHS today as againt what its original premise was [life saving care free at the point of delivery] and not the fat bloated nanny corporation it has become. I'll leave it there i could go on.

Aahhh, at last, a point I can get on board with. though we should be upfront and pay a named monthly fee to partake, instead of a 'hidden' anonymous tax donation - it could be called something like, well, health insurance, just like other major Western countries operate!

I'll leave it there i could go on.

Oh please, go on, I could do with a good laugh today! 🤣

• Haha 1

Yesterday my 52 year old nephew with no underlying health conditions was rushed to hospital a few hours after getting his "Booster Vaccination". He has been diagnosed with a major blood clot and is unconscious. It is not looking very good for him, and the family have been told not to expect too much.

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, unofix said:

Yesterday my 52 year old nephew with no underlying health conditions was rushed to hospital a few hours after getting his "Booster Vaccination". He has been diagnosed with a major blood clot and is unconscious. It is not looking very good for him, and the family have been told not to expect too much.

Impossible to find the right words, I'm not a religious man, but your nephew will be in my prayers, and I hope his doctors are wrong...

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, unofix said:

Obviously I’m not a doctor, repeating myself now: injection has to be administered to the muscle and not into the blood stream.I question the quality of the training for some of these jabbers.Let’s hope your nephew makes a full recovery.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The worry with omicron is it's believed transmissibility, I heard on TV that cases double every two days, now if that's right the "expert" said in 3 weeks we'll have 500 times the daily rate of now.

So if we have just 500 daily omicron cases  today (we already have 40-50K of delta a day) in Jan we'll have 250,000 cases a day, even at 0.1% hospitality rate that's 250 a day, won't take long for the NHS to be over run, even if no one actually dies.

2 hours ago, Mark-UK said:

The worry with omicron is it's believed transmissibility,

One good thing though is that St Sturgeon today announced that EVEN if you are double jabbed, you need to isolate if you come into contact with the diseased. Thus, in one fell swoop, has blown her legislation of the usefulness of 'covid passports' clean out of the water!

(if you are double jabbed, you can still pass it on, so what the h*ll is the point in a passport!) Thank you wee Nicola...

• Haha 1

mmm... BoJo the Clown just on TV ramping up the 'booster' program. Failed to mention the added pressure on the NHS caused by his very own policy of sacking 1000s of well trained staff who won't get vaccinated. Vaccinations are designed to protect YOU, not anyone else, it's no ones business if you've had it or not...

• Thanks 1

Bojo is damned if he does or if he doesnt, its a NO WIN scenario someone is gonna be upset or find fault whatever he does. Starmer is backing him to a point as they dont want bodies piling up in the streets. I understand some cant or may not want the vaccine and in a democracy that is their choice, BUT if they then die of Covid their family will sue, whoever and wherever they can lay blame.

• Like 2

BUT if they then die of Covid their family will sue, whoever and wherever they can lay blame.

If I die from having the booster shot can I sue ?

2 minutes ago, unofix said:

You'll have to join a rather long queue, behind government backed slavery, government backed war crimes, government backed economic policy leading to death from poverty, government backed current Covid policy causing 1000s cancer/heart deaths due to NHS only doing 'covid', but sure, I'd support you...

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, unofix said:

who im concerned about are vampires! must be a nightmare ! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

4 hours ago, JImpster said:

they dont want bodies piling up in the streets

Looking at the South African experience so far, with only about 27% of their population vaccinated, in my opinion there’s not any evidence this is going to happen.

• Like 2

On 12/10/2021 at 2:32 PM, unofix said:

Very sad update:

Today 16th December 2021 my 52 year old nephew "Andrew" has died of blood clots in the lungs caused as a result of the Booster Vaccination. He was a nice guy and thought he was doing the right thing and doing as he was told by those who know best. His death is to be recorded as Covid19 complications.

Andrew leaves behind his partner, daughter, son, and grandchildren as well as his Father and 3 brothers. - RIP

• Sad 8

2 minutes ago, unofix said:

Very sad update:

Today 16th December 2021 my 52 year old nephew "Andrew" has died of blood clots in the lungs caused as a result of the Booster Vaccination. He was a nice guy and thought he was doing the right thing and doing as he was told by those who know best. His death is to be recorded as Covid19 complications.

Andrew leaves behind his partner, daughter, son, and grandchildren as well as his Father and 3 brothers. - RIP

A truly awful event. No words will help at this time, and I hope your family have some kind of faith to aid you over the coming days and weeks. I'm so sorry for your loss.

• Thanks 1

This Lunchtime I had the Moderna one, I was expecting Phizer. Very quick, no queue or wait. Currently have a slight sore arm. Booking it was a pain, website kept going round in circles, ended up ringing 119 and booking it through there. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club