Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How to fix door handle back to passenger door

redrabbit

About a year ago my car was damaged and the passenger door was repaired. Soon after I opened this door and the handle came off in my hand. The handle was put back on at the yearly MOT test but again it came off about a month later.

Is there any special glue that I can use myself to fix this? I'm getting a bit sick of it coming off and also the garage that did this charged me for it.

Thanks

Which model is it?

And which part of the handle?  I can't think of any part that could be glued back on?

Also, why not take it back to the garage after it failed a second time?

On 12/10/2020 at 10:41 AM, TomsFocus said:

Which model is it?

And which part of the handle?  I can't think of any part that could be glued back on?

Also, why not take it back to the garage after it failed a second time?

I should have taken it back but I live some distance from there and use a different vehicle most of the time. My own fault for not following it up. 

Model - Ford Focus 2014, eco drive 1.0 hatchback

Part - it is the entire handle from the back door. The big that you grip to pull, as well as the two areas to each side where the handle sits. 

I found this online, it's this entire handle part

handle.png.65397909518f96bbe75951a1d50c9894.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, redrabbit said:

I should have taken it back but I live some distance from there and use a different vehicle most of the time. My own fault for not following it up. 

Model - Ford Focus 2014, eco drive 1.0 hatchback

Part - it is the entire handle from the back door. The big that you grip to pull, as well as the two areas to each side where the handle sits. 

I found this online, it's this entire handle part

handle.png.65397909518f96bbe75951a1d50c9894.png

Assuming the handle itself isn't broken, there's a screw through the edge of the door that holds the small piece in.  That in turn holds the handle in.  Just need the correct size screw otherwise it won't work.

On 12/11/2020 at 1:50 PM, TomsFocus said:

Assuming the handle itself isn't broken, there's a screw through the edge of the door that holds the small piece in.  That in turn holds the handle in.  Just need the correct size screw otherwise it won't work.

Thanks Tom, that's really helpful. I will look into this and try to get the screw sorted. I have an MOT due in 3 weeks so will either have it fixed before then, or get it fixed during MOT (which is a requirement)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club