Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 update

Rik1

Hi all,

I downloaded them latest sync 3 files, created a USB drive and ran the update, update finished and said update complete remove USB drive.  I checked the f/w and the map versions and both are showing the latest version.  My issues is each time I turn the sync system on I get a screen saying "installation in progess " please keep usb in the system and the engine running so it can complete,  I press the close button any everything works as it should. It's Just annoying too keep getting this messages.  Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this. It wrote the required file to the usb stick which I uploaded to the Ford updated page so it shows the update completed ok.

Sounds like it hasn’t quite finished the install. I would remove your USB stick, do an ignition on / off cycle. Lock the car, wait two mins, unlock the car, plug in the USB then start the car. It should check the stick for any files not completely installed and finish. 

19 hours ago, Edge of Reason said:

Sounds like it hasn’t quite finished the install. I would remove your USB stick, do an ignition on / off cycle. Lock the car, wait two mins, unlock the car, plug in the USB then start the car. It should check the stick for any files not completely installed and finish. 

Hi, all of what you mention I've already done, even tried a full reset the whole system, still gets the message, I've created a new USB stick (kept the original as is) no different.  When you put the usb stick in it says updating system, within about 30 seconds it says update complete remove USB, I do that follow the power on off cycle as you mention above and when I turn the unit on up pops the message.  It obviously finished the install as it wrote the file to the usb stick that you upload to the ford site to notify them the car sync system has been updated.

Not sure where to go now, does anyone have a contact number for Ford technical I could call?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club