Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It’s been a while... my BCM died.

Monks600

Hey everyone!

sorry it’s been a few months since I’ve been active on here but unfortunately my BCM decided to short out with a puff of smoke and the insides were pretty melted.

all started with me car alarm randomly going off in the night and then I noticed the ignition would come on without me anywhere near the car. Hooked up the laptop and used forscan to diagnose the fault, turns out it was the bcm. And this all happened because of the the ***** washer bottle pump connector being faulty. Washer fluid had travelled through the harness and back to the BCM and then boom.

after 4 weeks, selling my kidney and then finding out it killed my dash cam, navigation SD card and other bits. I’ve finally got my car back.

so, for anyone with a MK3 Focus... check your BCM connectors and washer pump before you end up selling body parts for the repair.

AAFAF686-1D32-4B0D-BD8F-F4114C9C37FA.jpg

EEDE8C9A-53CA-46EE-85E5-8FC718894F7E.jpg

5CF5300E-C802-415D-9D50-74639CC0E71F.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

sounds like a safety recall to me...

fight, do we really want the cars turning off on the motorway due to this.  raise with DVLA and check what watchdog think, they like to hate ford

• Like 1

Just now, Botus

sounds like a safety recall to me...

fight, do we really want the cars turning off on the motorway due to this.  raise with DVLA and check what watchdog think, they like to hate ford

Already in the process of sending an email to fords head office and I’ll see what comes of it. But yes, willing to take it further if no suitable outcome is provided by Ford.

apparently there’s a recall on this exact same issue in the US but not the UK, typical ain’t it?

if there’s a recall in the US for this exact same issue, but not the UK... where would I start off with this one? I’m assuming ford directly?

• Like 2

Sake mines is 2014 where is the pump located so I can check for any signs? 

Just now, F0CUE

Sake mines is 2014 where is the pump located so I can check for any signs? 

It’s behind the drivers side wheel arch liner. Really easy to get to. But yeah, that sucked.

Just now, iantt

Known issue since 2016

Out of curiosity, what was changed between the PFL to the FL to make this not an issue anymore.. was it the pump itself, connector or? Curious.

22 hours ago, Monks600 said:

Out of curiosity, what was changed between the PFL to the FL to make this not an issue anymore.. was it the pump itself, connector or? Curious.

Good question, I don't have a MK3 but I'd still be interested to know what was changed to prevent the issue occurring.

AS THEY ARE IN IT WITH THE CRIMS EXPECT THEM TO TELL YOU U R AN IDIOT

https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-recalls-and-faults/report-a-serious-safety-defect

https://www.smmt.co.uk/industry-topics/safety-security/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/contact/questions/getting-in-touch/contact-watchdog

as they might be out of pocket insurers more likely to give a sh*t

last ones I'd contact is the manufacturer - its just alerting them to the need to market the cover up

• 2 months later...

Well it seems this is a known problem on a number of Ford vehicles. Check out this YouTube video of a 2013 Mondeo with the exact same fault.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club