Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta MK8 Wiper Blades

Aldridge Andy

I’m pretty sure I need to replace my 2018 Fiesta’s Wiper Blades, no amount of windscreen cleaning will improve performance. 

when you look on places such as Euro Car Parts the suggested items are marked with “fitment differs from original”, the length of the blades don’t match the OEM. 

What Wiper Blades have you fitted to your MK8’s any pointers in the right direction would be great?

I know I could go to Ford Parts but I’m one of those who’d prefer delivery at this moment in time. 

Try pulling your wiper arms open to their full extent, then back to the screen several times to see if that makes them work better.

That fix was given by a Ford Master Tec a while back on this forum. He also said to spray the spring with WD40 or something similar while doing it. I have tried that myself without the lubrication when my wipers have not been clearing the screen well on my Focus and it has helped me.

The new Focus ones are a non standard size as well. The aftermarket ones are longer.

• Like 1

I've bought wipers for the same model from euro car parts before by entering my reg number on the website. Had no issues with them fitting OK, front and rear. Don't forget to enter the discount code if ordering from there on the top of their site 

9 minutes ago, Matt12341234 said:

I've bought wipers for the same model from euro car parts before by entering my reg number on the website. Had no issues with them fitting OK, front and rear. Don't forget to enter the discount code if ordering from there on the top of their site 

Did you notice when you expand the “fitment information” box it tells you that the sizes differ from OEM? 

If your blades are the original ones, then they’re almost certainly ready to be replaced. I changed mine (also a 2018 Mk 8) in November and got a set of Bosch blades from eBay - here’s a link to what you need. @https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bosch-Front-Windscreen-Wiper-Blades-Set-A405S-GENUINE-BOSCH/254496044482?hash=item3b412575c2:g:6SoAAOSwHwleMK-7

They seem just as good as the Ford part, and cheaper too...

• Like 2

I have used ECP and wiperblades.co.uk in the past. The trouble with ECP  is getting the right discount codes. I'm sure no one pays full price for things on there! I'd buy from whichever is cheapest. Wiperblades have free postage, not sure if ECP have a min order to get it free. I always use Bosch, but have been recommended by a few people Veleo blades.

2 hours ago, Jim H said:

I have used ECP and wiperblades.co.uk in the past. The trouble with ECP  is getting the right discount codes. I'm sure no one pays full price for things on there! I'd buy from whichever is cheapest. Wiperblades have free postage, not sure if ECP have a min order to get it free. I always use Bosch, but have been recommended by a few people Veleo blades.

Valeo blades are BMW OEM and I do tend to buy those for my 1 series, I've also fitted them to my moms MK7 fiesta too 

Just replaced my 19 plate wipers, got Bosch aerotwin.

They are brilliant, my old original blades were starting to smear and were noisy.

And another vote for wiperblades.co.uk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to post an update...

On the recommendation of @Jollyandy I followed the eBay link he kindly provided and purchased Bosch A405S wipers for the front and also Bosch A283H for the rear of my Mk8.

Fitment and blade size of appears to match the originals, so I thought it may be useful to list the Bosch part numbers above for others.

Many thanks for your help with this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Last time I needed replacement blades I happened to be near a main Ford dealership so I popped in just to enquire. OE originals were actually cheaper than Halfords/Europart copies. I guess there's a first time for everything!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Just happened across this thread - also got good service on Bosch blades from wiperblades.co.uk - delivered in 2 days.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
On 2/16/2021 at 2:45 PM, Aldridge Andy said:

Just wanted to post an update...

On the recommendation of @Jollyandy I followed the eBay link he kindly provided and purchased Bosch A405S wipers for the front and also Bosch A283H for the rear of my Mk8.

Fitment and blade size of appears to match the originals, so I thought it may be useful to list the Bosch part numbers above for others.

Many thanks for your help with this.

Used this info to find and order, old post, but its what came up on google on a search.

Just wanted to add my thanks !

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club