Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New St Line Edition

Jnwright71

Hi All,

i’ve just ordered a new Fiesta ST Line Edition for my wife, but wanted to check a couple of features that aren’t clear in the brochure, manuals or forums, so any help would be really appreciated.

1.  Does the nav show speed camera alerts ?

2. Does the nav screen show the speed limits for the road (the car doesn’t have the traffic sign recognition option) ?

3. Can traffic sign recognition be coded via ForScan or similar ?

Many thanks in advance.

James

Can’t be sure of the built in nav, but the CarPlay navs show current speed limit and alert when overspeeding (Waze), and also when speed cameras are coming up.

You can enable traffic sign recognition using Forscan but you need to change the camera to a different version. The model number must be h1bt-19h406-B* or C* (the basic one you’ll get is A*). Luckily the old unit just unclips and you just replace with the new one.
Hope this helps.

I am pretty sure our cars show where the fixed speed cameras are located, not sure about speed limits on the nav screen as I personally use the speed limit display on the display behind the steering wheel but that is part of sign recognition I believe.

I am sure as stated above, the camera needs replacing and activating but that then may lead to potential warranty issues.

If you need these features why not order the new car with these features already included, adding and messing around with forscan will surely void the warranty, and I'm sure your other half is worth the additional cost 😉

Thanks All.

Hi Martin, a good point, but the car is a pre-reg heavily subsidised lease deal, so no options available.  At over £100 per month less than an ST Line X Edition, I’m happy to mess around a bit if I really need to, although CarPlay with Waze may be the way to go.

Do you know if CarPlay is the latest wireless version ?

Many thanks, James

6 hours ago, Jnwright71 said:

Thanks All.

Hi Martin, a good point, but the car is a pre-reg heavily subsidised lease deal, so no options available.  At over £100 per month less than an ST Line X Edition, I’m happy to mess around a bit if I really need to, although CarPlay with Waze may be the way to go.

Do you know if CarPlay is the latest wireless version ?

Many thanks, James

I wouldn't know James although I believe I have read on hear you have to connect via USB cable but I'm sure someone on here should be able to confirm this, maybe latest version supports wi-fi...it would be more convenient.

I understand new Fiestas have wireless charging, I am not sure about wireless Android Auto/Carplay. I have a feeling you still have to plug it in, but might be wrong. I have recently started using Android Auto a lot more for Waze and Spotify. I admit a wireless connection would be useful and convenient, although a cable maintains and charges the phone's battery.

There is a USB socket in the centre armrest compartment. You can plug it in there and keep phone and cable out of the way.

Thanks all.

A number of new cars now have wireless CarPlay and it is so much more convenient as a day to day solution.  I’ll keep my fingers crossed, otherwise I may have to look at enabling TSR via Forscan even if that means swapping the camera.

cheers, James

On 2/13/2021 at 11:24 PM, Jnwright71 said:

Hi All,

i’ve just ordered a new Fiesta ST Line Edition for my wife, but wanted to check a couple of features that aren’t clear in the brochure, manuals or forums, so any help would be really appreciated.

1.  Does the nav show speed camera alerts ?

2. Does the nav screen show the speed limits for the road (the car doesn’t have the traffic sign recognition option) ?

3. Can traffic sign recognition be coded via ForScan or similar ?

Many thanks in advance.

James

Hi, Welcome.

1: No, but there is an audible "warning" for when the car comes to a known camera.

2: No, as you have a front camera the speed limit is shown on the instrument cluster.

3: Speed Sign recognition is standard, traffic sign recognition is optional and can be switched on using Forscan providing you have the right level of camera (IPMA) fitted.

There is a link to download all the codes for config on current Fiesta on Forscan

Carplay is not wireless on Sync 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club