Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Forscan-2016 Mondeo diesel Zetec?

MaclimRakesh

Hi All,

I’m new to the site so I will apologise in advance if this is old news. 

My start/stop and heated screen has not worked since a month of owning the car (Summer last year)

I don’t do a lot of miles anyway and drastically less due to COVID etc?

I’m well aware this is a huge part of the problem

I already understand that the car is programmed to shut these off if below a certain battery percentage and I know how to reset my BMS

i read a thing a few weeks ago but can’t find it. 

Basically the Guy used Forscan and changed the car settings to drop the battery minimums to 50% hence fixing my issue????

Can anyone advise on this please?

It cuts off for a reason, changing the values just allows the car to demand power when the battery isn't strong enough to provide it. You will put unnecessary strain on the battery and will do more harm than good in the long run. The stop start not working wouldn't bother me but I can see why the heated screen would. You would be better off charging the battery

Have a look on the Mk5 group i admin, the subject is discussed regularly. I can find the Forscan codes if you are really keen to go ahead with it though 

Mondeo group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/693277794183606/?ref=share

On 2/18/2021 at 6:01 PM, MaclimRakesh said:

Hi All,

I’m new to the site so I will apologise in advance if this is old news. 

My start/stop and heated screen has not worked since a month of owning the car (Summer last year)

I don’t do a lot of miles anyway and drastically less due to COVID etc?

I’m well aware this is a huge part of the problem

I already understand that the car is programmed to shut these off if below a certain battery percentage and I know how to reset my BMS

https://19216811.cam/i read a thing a few weeks ago but can’t find it.  https://1921681001.id/

Basically the Guy used Forscan and changed the car settings to drop the battery minimums to 50% hence fixing my issue????

Can anyone advise on this please?

issue got solved!!

1 hour ago, MaclimRakesh said:

issue got solved!!

What did you do to solve it? It's always a good idea to update the thread with a solution incase anyone else has the same issue

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club